Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
so that's not happening for me ... it keeps selecting by default boot os from Catalina (I named my drive that)

Try changing the default boot volume in config.plist.

Finally was able to update. When I selected update from System Preferences/software update or via a downloaded updated .dmg, I could never get an Install Volume to show in Clover. Followed this post - click here, was able to get the install volume to show in Clover. All is good. Took 25 minutes and 2 reboots, clover found the right volumes to select during reboots.

Anyone got this update to work with i5-9600k and iGPU (UHD 630)? It broke mine which works fine from 10.14.x to 10.15.4. It boots but loses signal to display which goes to sleep when the boot switches from VGA to graphics. Same thing happens just trying to boot with a full MacOS 10.15.5 USB installer so nothing wrong with my OS installation. Have tried multiple platform id (and no platform id) and multiple SMBIOS but no luck. Using latest Clover, WEG, LILU and ALC.

Update:
Partial Fix: Looks like the port handling for 0x3E9B007 is broken in 10.15.5 for Coffee Lake iGPU (at least the 9th generation). Choosing 0x3E9B000 instead resulted in the HDMI port working at least but not the DP or DVI ports. The other ports don't even light up in Hackintool when connected. So framebuffer patching by trial and error is required to make all video ports work. The latter would be board dependent.

Last edited:
Hi.
I have just solved problem similar to @gvkt
After updating from 10.15.4 to 10.15.5 it booted but lost signal to display (DP port RX580).
I enabled WhateverGreen.kext (which was disabled earlier, because it crashed with the "Black Screen Patch Vega 56/64, RX580" on 10.15.4) and booted successfully.

Yeah i have my system drive as Machintosh HD since thats what apple calls theirs by default. I might try manually booting into the preboot volume then the filevault volume and see if it does the update otherwise ill just manually download the update when its released as a file.
any progress? I'm facing the same issue. Manually booting into the preboot volume does not help.

Try changing the default boot volume in config.plist.

my default volume is correct ... not sure why it does not auto select the right volume when you initiate the update ... it reboots and keeps going back to my default volume

any progress? I'm facing the same issue. Manually booting into the preboot volume does not help.
Hey, buddy! In the end I had to download the latest boot image of Catalina being 10.15.5, then use the latest version of UniBeast to make a new bootable USB and do a clean install,

I'm updating from 10.15.2 with combo update file.

After first restarting, I pressed F3 to show all partitions and select macOs ... - Data install
but computer will be rebooted!

Last edited:
Did update from 10.15.3 to 10.15.5.....only got flickering screen!..... Disabled CSM support fix the glitch.

Hope that helps

Specs :
-GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0), BIOS:F15a, [email protected]
-MSI Radeon RX 580 RX 580 ARMOR 8GB
-Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz/Hydro Series™ H105
-Ballistix Sport LT 8GB Single DDR4 2666 RipJaws V 32G OC@3600Mhz
-HP EX920 M.2 1TB
-Lenovo FRU 04x6020 (replaced stock Intel 3165NG) Wi-Fi/Bluetooth
-NZXT S340 /EVGA 600 B1

Attachments

• 2020-07-12 .png
    2020-07-12 .png