Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated "softly" to Clover 5118 (Hackintool!) and then go up to 10.15.5...
Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-28 um 23.54.32.png

Update did not work for me. Received a "OSstatus error -37" message. Tried changing my SMBIOS and my regular BIOS settings. Third install attempt saw the macOS updater completely obliterate the macOS System partition, leaving the Data partition as an orphan (there is currently no way to "salvage" an orphaned partition since firmlink documentation is absent from Apple). Unable to boot the original drive after initiating the update, and was forced to completely wipe the drive.

Using Opencore 0.5.8 with a 9900K and ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX.

Glad ya'll are having good luck!

---------------

Fixed the issue! Make sure that all symlinks in your /Library and /Users folders are perpetually active even in Recovery mode.

In my case, my /Users/Shared symlink pointed to a DMG file that mounts on login. Since your user is not "logged in" while in Recovery mode or while Updating, there is no path for that symlink. Hence the "OSstatus error -37" message.

I copied all contents to a separate internal hard drive that's always plugged in, recreated a blank /Users/Shared folder, and symlink'd each item that usually mounts within /Users/Shared. Boom, update worked like a charm! Totally hands-off installation. Seamless.

Last edited:
Success with 10900K and Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming:

1590719103256.png

As pointed out in another thread on here, anyone using Carbon Copy Cloner, and possibly SuperDuper - but I haven't checked SD, please read the WARNING on their website and if you want to make a fresh bootable clone download the new beta.

CCC WARNING

Thanks. Moderators: Can you pin this warning to the top of the thread until it's fixed?

Please post help requests in the Catalina Desktop Support Forum section (not in this thread).

Pre Update Notes
:
- This update may break some of your Catalina functions, like audio. Make sure you backup first. :thumbup:

Hello Stork,

Thanks for your golden advice.

What could be of some use as well whilst an update, is a bootable USB-stick (with Clover/OpenCore)
Sometimes, my rig would go in a kernel panic during the update. Especially when it tries to reboot on the temporary partitions created during the update. My workaround is to boot from the USB-stick and then choose the temporary partition to continue the update.

After the update, everything is peaches again :cool:

Allez, tot de volgende,… and be safe

Attachments

• Cat10.15.5.png
    Cat10.15.5.png
    139 KB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back