Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update smoothly
Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 7.13.53 PM.png

Updated without issues, but I can't see new battery management even if I have MBP 2019 SMBIOS.

Z370 | 9600K | RX 580 build
截圖 2020-05-27 21.03.33a.png

Another easy 18-minute update.

Successful update, with following notes:
  1. Attempted to update clover directly from configurator to r5118. Boot screen icons were missing, so downgraded back r5102 by downloading from tonymacx86.com, and re-installing. Icons returned normally. Staying with tonymacx86.com r5102 version. This has happened to me before when updating directly from configurator. Don't know why it happens. In the future, I'm just going to stick with the most up-to-date version at tonymacx86.com (not through configurator).
  2. I think I counted 4-5 reboots. First 2 had the install option at the boot screen. Others were just repeat boots after the install option was gone.
  3. In the end, the only changes I made were to the kexts (ALC, lilu, whatevergreen) downloaded from tonymacx86.com.

Attachments

• 5_27_20__8_09_AM.png
    5_27_20__8_09_AM.png
    190.4 KB · Views: 50
  1. Attempted to update clover directly from configurator to r5118. Boot screen icons were missing, so downgraded back r5102 by downloading from tonymacx86.com, and re-installing. Icons returned normally. Staying with tonymacx86.com r5102 version. This has happened to me before when updating directly from configurator. Don't know why it happens. In the future, I'm just going to stick with the most up-to-date version at tonymacx86.com (not through configurator).
  2. I think I counted 4-5 reboots. First 2 had the install option at the boot screen. Others were just repeat boots after the install option was gone.
  3. In the end, the only changes I made were to the kexts (ALC, lilu, whatevergreen) downloaded from tonymacx86.com.
Clover updates too frequently with many unstable versions between stable versions in my opinion. It is unnecessary to update to the latest version unless a macOS version requires.

Updated with no apparent issues on 8 Series system:

8 Series GA-Z87X-UD7-TH | i7 4770K | GeForce GTX 770

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 6.28.01 AM.png

No issues either just make sure you choose the correct update media

The latest MultiBeast 12.1 contains Clover r5107, and has no unsolved issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back