Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i go to update in system preferences my computer restarts but nothing happens hahaa anyone have the same issue?

After I specified Update (ie., Apple > About This Mac > Software Update > Update) it downloaded the updater. Then it gave me a minute warning for restart. At that point, the system started its shutdown, but it didn't actually go into restart, (ie., power down, BIOS POST, etc). The screen immediately changed from my desktop to the Apple logo/progress bar. Then it went into two restarts, the first into Preboot, the second into FileVault.

What do you have as your Default Boot Volume in Clover?

When i go to update in system preferences my computer restarts but nothing happens hahaa anyone have the same issue?

Under OC all good through inbuilt updater, no hitches along the way

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 01.19.16.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 01.19.16.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 178
After I specified Update (ie., Apple > About This Mac > Software Update > Update) it downloaded the updater. Then it gave me a minute warning for restart. At that point, the system started its shutdown, but it didn't actually go into restart, (ie., power down, BIOS POST, etc). The screen immediately changed from my desktop to the Apple logo/progress bar. Then it went into two restarts, the first into Preboot, the second into FileVault.

What do you have as your Default Boot Volume in Clover?
Hey mate, i have "boot from Machintosh HD" as my default boot volume is that where im going wrong?

I have been running a MacPro6,1 SMBIOS so my second monitor on DisplayPort would work and the update would not work. In the end I had to switch back to iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS to get the update to work, switching to the Install drive once first. Update all done now and back to MacPro6,1 SMBIOS

Running a Gigabyte H370M D3H with 2.81 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5 and a Sapphire RX580 8GB

I have my System Drive as my Default Volume. ie., the system drive I have Catalina installed on is called "Opus" and this is my specified Default. I'm not sure that's the problem, but it might be worth a shot. Is your system drive called "Macintosh HD"?

Hey mate, i have "boot from Machintosh HD" as my default boot volume is that where im going wrong?

I have my System Drive as my Default Volume. ie., the system drive I have Catalina installed on is called "Opus" and this is my specified Default. I'm not sure that's the problem, but it might be worth a shot. Is your system drive called "Macintosh HD"?
Yeah i have my system drive as Machintosh HD since thats what apple calls theirs by default. I might try manually booting into the preboot volume then the filevault volume and see if it does the update otherwise ill just manually download the update when its released as a file.

Today Apple released macOS 10.15.5 Update, a major software update to macOS Catalina. Update any supported

Thanks Tony! Clover, kexts, combo update.
Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 1.48.05 PM.png

Last edited:
updated without any issues
oh wait i'm not running mac os
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back