Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated with no issues on MacBook Air (2017)

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 8.24.38 PM.png

Just updated my hack, B250M, 7700K, RX 570 and without problems...(Clover 5109)
First boot was "install from MacOs", second was preboot loader (about 10min) and third was selected default by Clover as FileVault, but I changed it to boot MacOs (about 10min) and that's it. Works good as feels for the first impressions.

Last edited:
Hopefully this fixes the failed backup error in Time Machine. I tried Catalina 10.15.4 on my real iMac and it had a major Time Machine error so I had to revert to 10.14.6. I even tried wiping the backup disk and starting a fresh backup in Catalina and it didn't work. Nothing I tried worked. It would go for quite a while and then fail.

Anyone else have this issue? my iMac is the fully specced 5K Retina iMac from late 2015

two restarts and ...

Ekran Resmi 2020-05-27 03.38.31.png

To anyone on the edge of the pool, waiting for other's reaction to the update: jump right in! The water's warm!

After the download, I think it was about 15-20 min. From the start of the process after the download, there is a minute warning that it will restart. It restarts into the update process. There is another restart that brings you into the Clover bootloader, and you go into the preboot. Then finally another restart, and you go into the filevault.

There is a wildly inaccurate countdown timer, that ticks down minute by every 2 minutes (it seems), but it eventually gets there. 15-20 min of sheer terror, but I emerged on the other side. I did another restart just to make sure it boots into my system drive.

Heed all the warnings in the original post. Backup using CCC, make sure all your kexts are in your EFI and are up to date.

10.15.5 works like a champ, much better and smoother than the beta process. I tested almost every 10.15.5 beta and it's been a pain installing to a USB flash drive; missing installer partitions, failure to bless, failure to reload kextcache (and I'd have to do it manually, and my permissions were all jacked). But all that is behind us and 10.15.5 is SMOOTH!!!!

To anyone on the edge of the pool, waiting for other's reaction to the update: jump right in! The water's warm!

After the download, I think it was about 15-20 min. From the start of the process after the download, there is a minute warning that it will restart. It restarts into the update process. There is another restart that brings you into the Clover bootloader, and you go into the preboot. Then finally another restart, and you go into the filevault.

There is a wildly inaccurate countdown timer, that ticks down minute by every 2 minutes (it seems), but it eventually gets there. 15-20 min of sheer terror, but I emerged on the other side. I did another restart just to make sure it boots into my system drive.

Heed all the warnings in the original post. Backup using CCC, make sure all your kexts are in your EFI and are up to date.
Think I did right when skipped FileVault and directly change to the boot Mac OS drive, works good

Last edited:
Any direct links to the combo/delta update files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back