Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.5 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just making sure, I don't need to update any kexts or anything?

BTW Thanks for helping!
Download Hackintool. It's a very well done utility that has a number of features and uses - thus, the Swiss Army Knife icon. Once you have it, open it and click on the "Extensions" tab at the top. Then click on the "Refresh" circle at the bottom to see which of your kexts are loaded and if they need an update.

Finally had time to upgrade it from 10.15.4 to 10.15.5 including the supplemental update, everything went well as expected.

Updated the Clover to the latest version (5119), alongside with the kext I use.

It took around 12 minutes to finish with the whole upgrade process, with 2 restarts.

Also, my triple-boot system wasn't affected in any case with the upgrade.
Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 12.22.40.png

Attachments

• screenshot0.png
    screenshot0.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
Didn't work! Cannot boot after update because it cannot initialize graphics. So, screen goes to sleep with no signal although it has booted underneath. Tried all video outs - HDMI, DVI and DP

Z370m i5-9600k iGPU (UHD 630). Works perfectly fine with 10.15.4 (and 10.14.x) with either MacMini 8.1 or iMac 19,2 SMBIOS (ig-platform-id 0x3E9B007) Also tried MacBookPro 15,2. Something has changed in 10.15.5 video driver for Ninth Gen iGPU handling. May require a fix in Clover or WEG. Using latest available Clover, WEG, Lilu and ALC.

To remove any issues with my installation tried it with just booting a USB 10.15.5 installer. Same issue. Signal to display goes dead after the VGA boot phase while the installer has booted on the machine.

Any suggestions?

Update:
Partial Fix: Looks like the port handling for 0x3E9B007 is broken in 10.15.5 for Coffee Lake iGPU (at least the 9th generation). Choosing 0x3E9B000 instead resulted in the HDMI port working at least but not the DP or DVI ports. The other ports don't even light up in Hackintool when connected. So framebuffer patching by trial and error is required to make all video ports work. The latter would be board dependent.

Hi, I have same issue, ended up downgrading.

But where do You choose that "0x3E9B000"?

I had an "unintentional" upgrade from 10.15.3 to 10.15.5, but it still worked almost flawlessly. A female friend was visiting here yesterday afternoon. While I was finishing up a computer repair/upgrade for a guy, my friend was using my machine in another room. For whatever crazy reason, she apparently thought it would be a cool thing to do to upgrade my main computer from 10.15.3 to 10.15.5. I had been putting off the upgrade for a while and had NO recent backup. I discovered the upgrade was in progress only after she had left. After a moment of panic, looking at kernel panic screen on a failed boot attempt, I hit the reset button and tried booting again. It worked this time and the rest of the upgrade went without a hitch. Everything seems to be working perfectly. :wave:

I have a rather funny situation. The System Preferences tell me there is an update so I go check ut out.
It informs me there is an update available, although its been a while so it is 10.15.4 that's being offered.

If I close that window down, Catalina realises there is a new version out there so next it's offering me the
10.15.5 version instead, so I hit "Install Now" and the Software Update tells me to Restart my Mac in order to update.

After a reboot nothing seems to happen. According to "About this Mac" I'm still on 10.5.2 and I can repeat this process over and over again. It seems like the 10.15.5 install just doesn't work. No error messages from what I can see.

Now to the funny part. This is part of the release notes of 10.15.5:

"Fixes an issue where System Preferences would continue to show a notification badge even after installing an update"

It's been a while since I updated, so do i need to boot from the install drive after rebooting or something like that?
Why doesn't my Mac go ahead and actually install the version instead.

Cheers

Last edited:
I have a rather funny situation. The System Preferences tell me there is an update so I go check ut out.
It informs me there is an update available, although its been a while so it is 10.15.4 that's being offered.

If I close that window down, Catalina realises there is a new version out there so next it's offering me the
10.15.5 version instead, so I hit "Install Now" and the Software Update tells me to Restart my Mac in order to update.

After a reboot nothing seems to happen. According to "About this Mac" I'm still on 10.5.2 and I can repeat this process over and over again. It seems like the 10.15.5 install just doesn't work. No error messages from what I can see.

Now to the funny part. This is part of the release notes of 10.15.5:

"Fixes an issue where System Preferences would continue to show a notification badge even after installing an update"

It's been a while since I updated, so do i need to boot from the install drive after rebooting or something like that?
Why doesn't my Mac go ahead and actually install the version instead.

Cheers
Download the 10.15.5 Supplemental Update linked in Post #1 instead.

Success! Updated with latest Clover and kexts. Clover didn't select the correct boot entry -again- and selected Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot. Then I restarted and selected Boot macOS from Macintosh HD.

Didn't work! Cannot boot after update because it cannot initialize graphics. So, screen goes to sleep with no signal although it has booted underneath. Tried all video outs - HDMI, DVI and DP

Z370m i5-9600k iGPU (UHD 630). Works perfectly fine with 10.15.4 (and 10.14.x) with either MacMini 8.1 or iMac 19,2 SMBIOS (ig-platform-id 0x3E9B007) Also tried MacBookPro 15,2. Something has changed in 10.15.5 video driver for Ninth Gen iGPU handling. May require a fix in Clover or WEG. Using latest available Clover, WEG, Lilu and ALC.

To remove any issues with my installation tried it with just booting a USB 10.15.5 installer. Same issue. Signal to display goes dead after the VGA boot phase while the installer has booted on the machine.

Any suggestions?

Update:
Partial Fix: Looks like the port handling for 0x3E9B007 is broken in 10.15.5 for Coffee Lake iGPU (at least the 9th generation). Choosing 0x3E9B000 instead resulted in the HDMI port working at least but not the DP or DVI ports. The other ports don't even light up in Hackintool when connected. So framebuffer patching by trial and error is required to make all video ports work. The latter would be board dependent.
I have same issue, now my Display cannot turn on, please help

Attachments

• 1593762957808.png
    1593762957808.png
    184.8 KB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back