Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.5 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this update now HDR is working with my 4K LG TV...
What model LG TV do you have? My LG B8 OLED TV still won't switch to its HDR mode, so checking that HDR box in System Preferences just makes the color washed out.

LG UM7300PUA. I use to have the color washed problem, but, after upgrading macOS to the Latest version, it is gone. I usually update Clover and kexts before I upgrade to a new version of macOS. Maybe you should update Clover and kexts just in case. A tip, sometimes is better to build the kexts with Hackintool because the latest kexts are not always available for download, and you end up downloading the prior version. Now I'm not sure it was fix by the upgrade or new Clover/kexts...

Last edited:
All good - on my ROG Maximus 7 | i5 4690K
I did upgrade my Lilu, whatevergreen , virtual smc to latest version before but stayed on clover 5117
Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 4.42.13 pm.png

@ALL,

I was surprised at how quickly this supplemental update came around after the 10.15.5 update that was released just two days ago. The Apple website states that it is primarily a security update but i cant help thinking that Apple may have left a few unresolved bugs in the 10.15.5 update that required a quick fix via this supplemental update.

For me this was yet another quick and easy update.

I did not do anything special prior to this update other than making a backup.
All my systems are running Clover 5107, 3rd party kexts where already up to date and installed in /L/E.

Haswell Desktop System (full spec in my sig) :-

View attachment 473333
HP Spectre X360 Laptop (full spec in my sig) :-

View attachment 473331
The update took 24 mins on both systems with three reboots.

Cheers
Jay

Hi Jay - is there anyway you can share your EFI folder? im getting 23 sec on my i7 4790 w/ dual Vega 56

im getting 23 sec on my i7 4790 w/ dual Vega 56

@jbravo14,

The hardware in your account profile says i7 4770K with XFX r9 390 ?
If this is a different or new system then please add the details to your account profile or singature.

Not quite sure what you mean by 23 seconds ? ... do you mean boot-up time ? .. if so then thats pretty good for a Haswell based system, my system take around 35 seconds ...

If you have an issue with something that is not related to the macOS 10.15.5 Supplemental Update then you should start a new thread in the relevant sub-forum so as not to take this thread of topic.

Cheers
Jay

@jbravo14,

The hardware in your account profile says i7 4770K with XFX r9 390 ?
If this is a different or new system then please add the details to your account profile or singature.

Not quite sure what you mean by 23 seconds ? ... do you mean boot-up time ? .. if so then thats pretty good for a Haswell based system, my system take around 35 seconds ...

If you have an issue with something that is not related to the macOS 10.15.5 Supplemental Update then you should start a new thread in the relevant sub-forum so as not to take this thread of topic.

Cheers
Jay

Sorry been a while since I had to reformat my Mac OS.

I meant I was getting 23 seconds doing the bruceX test with the setup using below specs:

i7 4790
32 GB DDR3 RAM
Dual Vega 56 (Vega 64 flash)

I saw in your post above that you were getting 9 seconds in the Brucex test with a single Vega 56/64.

It's my first Hackintosh, and happy to report a successful update from 10.15.4 to 10.15.5 on my recently acquired dell optiplex 3040
Capture d’écran 2020-06-10 à 22.42.00.png

Hey everyone if this is old news I apologize- but I don't want anyone to suffer like I did. Just spent the last two days trying to get my RX 580 Nitro+ to work on 10.15.5 and it was impossible (coming from High Sierra mind you). Tried everything and eventually went to 10.15.3 with no problems. Worked seamlessly.

Hey everyone if this is old news I apologize- but I don't want anyone to suffer like I did. Just spent the last two days trying to get my RX 580 Nitro+ to work on 10.15.5 and it was impossible (coming from High Sierra mind you). Tried everything and eventually went to 10.15.3 with no problems. Worked seamlessly.
I got an idea, might help or not. I have gone through similiar issue upgrading from Mojave on one of my Hacks. Pls note that you should have kexts in the EFI ...kexts/other directory now. The ones in /Library/Extensions have to be deinstalled. That means - removed from the location and recreate the kernel cache - kextcache. Otherwise the old ones will be used and cause not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back