Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.5 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having the same problem and my build IS NOT the same as yours. I haven't been able to find a solution. I'll see what it does on my other older build and update.
Does the update complete successfully on your system anyway - like mine - or does it revert back to the previous version?

For the first time an update doesn't work. I have updated to Clover 5118 (from 5107) and updated Lilu, Whatevergreen and AppleALC and that didn't help. It goes through the routine - first boot from the preboot, the next boot I have to choose filevault and then it finishes but the update hasn't taken. I've spent enough time on it today and will have to see what I might be doing wrong later.

Clover 5118, updated Lilu, WhateverGreen and AppleALC, 3 reboots, 30 minutes more or less. Smooth.

Smooth update using the IGFX "HDMI", as I still can't use the MSI graphic card during the update.
I did not find the root cause of the issue until now.

Capture d’écran 2020-06-03 à 22.48.53.png

What have I to select in Clover menu after restarting?
If I select Install now and restart, than chose in Clover "BootmacOS from xxx" nothing happens, it just restarts.
Ok solved,
first Preboot then FV, it tooks like 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Downloaded supplemental update (not comboupdate) .dmg.
Updated Lilu, WhateverGreen, AppleALC, and VirtualSMC to Kexts\Other.
Stayed with Clover 5118.
Installed with no problems--sleep, audio, and USB working.

Last edited:
Yesterday nothing worked. It just went through the steps but never updated. So today I thought I try again and when booting it went to filevault and then updated as it should have. I know I didn't do anything differently but I'll take the update.
Catalina Update.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back