Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.5 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one was tricky for me...

I updated to 10.15.5 with no problems so I thought this would be easy as well. I installed the latest Lilu, Whatevergreen, and VirtualSMC. I was already on the latest Clover 5118, so no changes there. Then I backed up my system.

This "supplemental" update was definitely not as easy as the first one. While updating from system preferences, the updater changed (or reset?) the UEFI on one of the restarts and it refused to boot after that. At first I just thought that it had failed for another reason and restored form my backup. When the backup also refused to boot I looked at the UEFI settings. UEFI only boot had changed to UEFI + Legacy. Windows OS configuration had Windows 7 boot turned on instead of off. XHCI handoff was also turned off. I reset to UEFI only, Windows 7 boot disabled and XHCI enabled (I couldn't remember if I needed this, but I thought it couldn't hurt to turn it on).

The system booted just fine so I tried again from the system preference software update. The UEFI was reset just as before, but this time I was ready. I entered the setup and changed the parameters as described above, and after that everything proceeded as normal. I am now fully updated:

MacOS10-15-5s.jpg

Updated No Problems! Updated Lilu And WhateverGreen to the latest versions. Updated Clover to r5118

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-02 at 7.17.23 AM.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-02 at 7.17.23 AM.png
    132 KB · Views: 62
Worked fine for me too. Curious why some summary screens show the build number after the version, and others don't (like mine). But it shows it in the System Information/Report.

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 7.39.33 PM.png

System Information/Report:

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 7.40.41 PM.png

10.15.5 (19F101) smoothy update, no problem at all:)

Worked fine for me too. Curious why some summary screens show the build number after the version, and others don't (like mine). But it shows it in the System Information/Report.
Move your cursor over the Version 10.15.5 and click on it. 19F101 will then appear. :)

No problems at all, only a few restarts, using Clover r5107 and latest Lilu, Whatevergreen and AppleALC. Interestingly, unlike the last update, I didn't have to manually select the correct boot volume after restarts.

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 3.25.48 PM.png

This update only fixes the same security issue that allows jailbreaking on iOS.

Last edited:
Worked like a charm!However I needed to select the UEFI boot partition manually during the reboots (a couple of times).. but it was smooth overall...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back