Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update went super smooth. Three restarts and everything is working fine!!
1585448305472.png

took about 20 minutes with 3 restarts. 3 monitors with no issues (DVI and DisplayPort). Used Clover 5107, OcQuirks ver 20, latest Weg/Lilu/AppleALC, Sniki OSC-USB-Inject-All, etc., USB aml I built several years ago for my motherboard - all from Clover with nothing in /L/E.

Had to select 'Boot macOS Install from [my SSD Name] - Data' twice before that choice finally disappeared and I was left with 'Boot macOS from [my SSD Name]'

I'll have to suggest to Clover developers that if they see 'Install' AND 'Data' surrounding Clovers default boot partition's name, maybe it would be a good idea to boot from that 'Install' partition, as it seems this confuses a lot of new users? Does that sound like a good idea?

drivers/UEFI
ApfsDriverLoader.efi
FSInject.efi
OcQuirks.efi
OcQuirks.plist
OpenRuntime.efi
VBoxHfs.efi

kexts/Other
AppleAHCIPortHotplug.kext (v.999.50.2) (from Hackintool for SATA hot plug)
AppleALC.kext (v.1.4.7)
FakeSMC.kext (v.1800)
IntelMausi.kext (v.1.0.2)
Lilu.kext (v.1.4.2)
USBInjectAll.kext (v.0.7.5)
WhateverGreen.kext (v.1.3.7)
XHCI-unsupported.kext (v.0.9.2)

ACPI/Patched
SSDT-USB.aml

Last edited:
EDIT: After a bit of research, I found that others have this BIOS Reset problem and they have concluded that it's not Clover. This seems to be caused by something that 10.15.4 is doing.

------------------------------------------------------

Upgrade to 10.15.4 on HackPro5,1 is ok, except BIOS now resets on shutdown. Details below...

Upgraded my HackPro5,1 from 10.15.3 to 10.15.4. Now, BIOS resets every time I shutdown. I believe that Slice knows about this issue with 10.15.4, as I have seen this reported in another forum. My system also boots High Sierra 10.13.6, Mojave 10.14.6 and Catalina 10.15.3 without this problem, so this problem is new with 10.15.4. My system is as follows:
  • Socket 1156 Biostar TH55HD, Xeon X3460 (usually overclocked, but not during the upgrade), 16GB DDR3 RAM
  • Clover (Legacy) r5107 (SMBIOS MacModel MacPro5,1; boot flag: -no_compat_check)
  • Sapphire Pulse RX580
To install on my HackPro5,1 I created a vanilla USB installer for Catalina 10.15.4, installed Clover 10.15.4 on the USB and configured SMBIOS MacModel on the USB to MacPro6,1 (Catalina won't install on MacPro5,1). After 2 reboots (booting from the USB each time so that the MacModel is MP6,1 during the entire install), I rebooted from my SSD (where the MacModel is MP5,1 and boot flag = -no_compat_check). Catalina 10.15.4 runs fine, except for the BIOS reset on shutdown. This was a PIA during the install, since I had to recover my saved BIOS each time. Hoping this is fixed in a future Clover.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 10.16.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 10.16.50 PM.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
For Some reason, mine will not update Clover. Still, reads 4796 Any Suggestions?

Make sure your Clover install is installing to the partition it is booting from. There may be more than one EFI partition. Been there done that.

This same thing happened to me.

Happens to me for initial boot as well as coming out of sleep and on any of the ports available - DP, DVI, HDMI.

I wonder if this is specific to 300 series boards or specific to coffee lake. Not everyone has this problem.

My upgrade went well after upgrading Clover and everything is working except I can't log into the APP Store. Itunes and iCloud work with no problem. In the app store I click on sign in it takes my password, with no error message but it never signs in. I tried entering an incorrect password and it immediately told me that was the wrong password.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

I should have read the thread before updating.
Didn't work with clover 5103. So update to 5107it workes so far.

But the default boot volume is gone.
In clover it is every time the first volume and not the volume with MacOS.
And the timer is gone. So it's not booting automatically.
In config.plist the default boot volume is stillt the same with a timeout of 3 sec.

Happens to me for initial boot as well as coming out of sleep and on any of the ports available - DP, DVI, HDMI.

I wonder if this is specific to 300 series boards or specific to coffee lake. Not everyone has this problem.
switching SMBIOS should do the trick!

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 10.38.43.png

Easy!

First I update my Clover (v2.5K_5070) to v2.5K_5102 on all alerts (clover version its not compatible with your version of OS, Etc.) continue anyway!.
Restart and confirm (down rigth corner of the Screen you have the correct Clover version).
Update then in the EFI volume, \EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.15\ -AppleALC.kext (1.4.7) -Lilu.kext (1.4.2) -WhateverGreen.kext (1.3.7).
I ever restart the machine for check its all fine before run the update and have the system clean,
Restart again Run the update from the System Preferences, boot from the MacOS Install Volume everytime until this volume desapears (3 times as usual in my case).
Thats all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back