Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! Unfortunately, not everything went well. After this update, the system enters the restart loop unless verbose mode is enabled. With -v on, everything's fine, I can boot normaly. Clover 5107, kexts updated. This has never happened before. I wander what is the impact of verbose flag on system restart??? Strange...
I see the same thing. I updated Clover to 5107, also kexts are updated.

This update was way way better for me than last one when all hell broke loose and I had to waste several hours to recover my system. This time for this update I ensured I updated necessary kexts in EFI folder (which I had moved over in the last update) and then updated Clover from 5103 to 5107. Everything went so buttery smooth. Side note - when updating Clover be sure to customize the installation and select the right drivers to upgrade. Also after Clover updated I rebooted my system, and then after reboot when system was back up, I triggered the macOS update.

Successful update of my dual boot Windows/MacOS machine (Sledge Hammer). I updated Clover from 5103 to 5107 and tested a restart. Updated MacOS as normal but did unmount my Windows drive, Time Machine drive, and extra storage drives. No issues to report and the installer was properly selected on the first reboot.
Update: looks like my sleep isn't working as it used to. Monitor shuts down but the computer isn't entering sleep mode. Have to look at that....

Once I updated Clover to r5107, the update ran perfectly.
For Some reason, mine will not update Clover. Still, reads 4796 Any Suggestions?

I see the same thing. I updated Clover to 5107, also kexts are updated.

I must add that problem of “restart loop without -v flag” is acting pretty weird: I put the same system backup image on SSD (where the problem first appeared) and then put the same image on HDD. The crazy thing is that the problem does not exist on HDD but it always reappears on SSD. I can't figure out why. Both devices are checked and healthy.

Hi All,

Successfully updated my Hackintosh systems to MacOS 10.15.4 via the update file from the Apple support website.

Main Desktop System :-
MacOS 10.15.4.png

Kaby Lake Laptop System :-
Laptop 10.15.4.png

This was a quick and slick update on both systems with no issues at all (for me).

Prior to running the update I updated Clover to release 5107 as advised in the first post.
I had no need to update 3rd party kexts as I was already running the latest versions from the Lilu 1.4.2 point release.

As with the last update (10.15.3) I left all my 3rd Party kexts installed in /L/E and everything works just fine, no issues with SIP or notarisation.

As always, after the update on each system I rebuilt the kext cache using Hackintool and re-run Pike-Alpha's Frequency Vectors shell script to ensure that all CPU clock states (including overclocks) are available.

The update took around 15 mins to complete on each system with just two reboots on my desktop system and three reboots on my laptop system.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Update: looks like my sleep isn't working as it used to. Monitor shuts down but the computer isn't entering sleep mode. Have to look at that....
Another update: looks like sleep is fixed. I used an old trick:
  1. In terminal, "open . /Library/Preferences"
  2. Delete com.apple.PowerManagement.*.plist
  3. Delete com.apple.Powermanagement.plist
  4. In terminal, "sudo rm /private/var/vm/sleepimage"
  5. reboot
  6. Optional: open System Preferences, Energy Saver and reset the sleep preferences to whatever you like to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back