Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
@scarberian, The latest UniBeast and MultiBeast for Catalina use Clover r5107.

@scarberian, The latest UniBeast and MultiBeast for Catalina use Clover r5107.
Good to know! I thought the one listed in the Clover Build section was the highest you guys had. I'm now thinking of creating a Unibeast USB Catalina installer.

Hmm reading all the success reports, I launched my upgrade for 10.15.3 and missed the moving of the Kext into the EFI partition.
After some recovery and modifications, I was able to get it to boot correctly but now I am having a very weird problem.
9 times out of 10 at boot, the computer reboots itself right after the apple logo appears. The 1/10th of the time it boots correctly, everything seems fine. It flashes so fast I am not able to read the error in debug mode. Any recommendation on how to fix this?

Hello everyone! Unfortunately, not everything went well. After this update, the system enters the restart loop unless verbose mode is enabled. With -v on, everything's fine, I can boot normaly. Clover 5107, kexts updated. This has never happened before. I wander what is the impact of verbose flag on system restart??? Strange...

• Updated Clover Configurator to latest version so that it can find Clover v5107.
  • Updated Clover from v5103 to v5107
  • Updated AppleALC / Lilu / WhateverGreen to latest version
  • Installed MacOS 10.15.4 after a few reboots
  • Et voila
Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 10.53.41 AM.png

I had some issues with this update, firstly I did not update Clover, so the installation could not go. I updated Clover then I had black screen after boot (Monitor is going to sleep). I left the update process running (I saw disk activity), then reboot again black screen after the progress bar completed. I could monitor it with a MBP, via screensharing. I added the last Lilu and WEG, the same. The only way I can get image, is to turn monitor off then back on. Unplugging and replugging HDMI cord not working. I have only one HDMI port on this MoBo. It happens the same when the monitor enters to sleep. I only need to turn it off then back on.

Update went ok but broke my TPlink PICE Wifi Card compatibility which was giving issues already in 15.3???

:crazy: been working OTB for years

Edit
All sorted, changed the PCI slot, working 100%

Last edited:
  • Updated Clover Configurator to latest version so that it can find Clover v5107.
  • Et voila
View attachment 457650
I see we share the same IGPU, no black screen issue for you after boot?

• Et voila
View attachment 457650
Thanks for sharing. Question, before starting the OS update, did you reboot after installing 5107?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back