macOS 10.15.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i can update without problems :headbang:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 08.02.54.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 08.02.54.png
    142.6 KB · Views: 91
Done! Was using Clover 49xx version and r5012 didn't really work for me. When it rebooted to the installation volume, Apple logo showed with an empty progress bar. Tried a few times remained the same. Was able to update to 10.15.4 successfully after installing Clover r5017. Using Gigabyte H270-Gaming 3. Thanks!

Hi,

I updated kexts and clover, then tried to update without success each time I got the "Apple Installation log window".

Then I updated clover and kexts of my initial USB Catalina install key.
- Disabled the graphic card and use the IGPX of my mother board

Then the update went smoothly.

Capture d’écran 2020-03-27 à 14.29.56.png

Hi,

I had the "The bless tool was unable ..." error. Used Hackintool v3.3.1 to rebuild kext cache and repair permissions and used Clover Configurator to change the Default Boot Volume to the name of my volume. After that, I reinstalled 10.15.4 combo update and everything was fine!

Greetings
Fall.Guy

All I had to do was update Clover to 5107 and then run the update. I tried it first without the Clover update and it just stuck at the Apple logo and no progress bar. Thanks to the help on this site I knew what needed to be done.

Attachments

• Catalina.jpg
    Catalina.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 78
Successful update of my dual boot Windows/MacOS machine (Sledge Hammer). I updated Clover from 5103 to 5107 and tested a restart. Updated MacOS as normal but did unmount my Windows drive, Time Machine drive, and extra storage drives. No issues to report and the installer was properly selected on the first reboot.

Last edited:
Success on my ASUS Hero X, needed an upgrade to Clover R5 5107. Two reboots (blessed properly on first reboot only) about 25 minutes later working... So then I took the plunge, spent an isolated evening and switched the Bootloader to OpenCore 0.5.6, after lots of debugging, glad to report all is working good.

Screenshot 2020-03-27 14.19.27.jpg

Wow! Not smooth at all. BUT I finally got it updated. My first issue was I should have kept reading this post and find out that I needed to update Clover; I was running 10.5.3 on Clover r49xx (I forgot the number). I did the update, and I just got the Apple logo on a black screen. No progress bar. I rebooted and went back on this site and started to read and found out I needed to update Clover. I updated first to r5102 which is the highest version in Tonymacx86. I did read that someone had success with this version. It rebooted fine to 10.5.3, and I downloaded the update again. On the reboot after, again I got the black screen with Apple logo and no progress bar. I tried booting back into 10.5.3, but this time I got the black screen and no progress bar for some time. It eventually booted back in to 10.5.3 (about 5 minutes!). I then read more and found the link to Clover r5107. Apparently this is the key version. After updating Clover to this version the OS update worked! Like others have said it didn't go to the designated boot disk for install; I had to manually choose it. Now all is well again and I'm running 10.5.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back