Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated with OC 0.5.5 and no issues except for the text during loading overlaying the progress bar. Monitoring the sleep though seems not working.

Success! (Eventually). It took about 1 hour and 30 minutes to run the update, plus a few minutes preparation to update kexts and clover bootloader.

Updated kexts, used Hackintool to update clover to 5107, then rebooted.

——————————————————————————————
Overview of the installation process (sharing because it seemed a bit... weird).

Screen change #1: 5m. White background, gray apple; lots of thin, horizontal lines in the upper half of the screen (photo attached for reference. Hadn't seen this before, so was worried, but it wasn't a freeze).

Screen change #2: 3m. Completely black screen. Could easily have been mistaken as frozen (cough)
Screen change #3: 4m. White background, gray apple; lots of thin, horizontal lines in the upper half of the screen.
Screen change #4: 10m. Completely black screen.
Screen change #5: 2m. Regular boot screen (Yay! Right?)
Screen change #6: 18m. Completely black screen.
Screen change #7: 35m...? Completely black screen. Finally gave up and rebooted.

(Regular reboot went to black screen. Uh-oh).

Used F12 to select UEFI P0 (just in case)

Screen change #8: Wonky Clover Bootloader screen, with broken icons. Not promising.
Screen change #9: 10 m. Black background, white apple with progress bar ('10 minutes remaining')

It worked! Booted to desktop, version checks out at 10.15.4. Hurray!

——————————————————————————————
on edit:
[Minor issue: the update broke the icons/theme for clover bootloader]

Attachments

• IMG_5405.jpeg
    IMG_5405.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
After struggling and correcting some details that I found on one page, and checking the BIOS of my computer several times, I managed to get the first part of the update to pass, but then I started to get an error due to the video card, after so much time. fight I realized that the Drivers were not updated, the old ones stopped being effective before Catalina version 10.15.4, from there everything was easy.

Attachments

• Logo.png
    Logo.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 106
No issues, clover on 5107, updated kext :thumbup:

Hey guys,

Initially, I lost the Display Port on my RX 580 8GB with iMac Pro SMBIOS, but afterwards I read that for those having the same problem should switch to Mac Pro 7.1 SMBIOS. This fixed the problem.

However, independently of which SMBIOS I use, I keep having some minor audio crackling/pops via my USB audio interface (Roland Studio-Capture). This often occurs when I open another app whilst audio is playing, for exampling opening Calendar when iTunes is playing. Is anyone facing a similar problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Smooth as silk. Backed up. Used Hackintool to make sure all my kexts were current, migrated all kexts from ~/Library/Extensions to Clover/Kexts/Other, used Hackintool to update to Clover 5107. Downloaded and ran the update from System Preferences. Three or four restarts — had to manually select the proper boot volume twice... 20 minutes or so, and everything appears to be working fine!

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 8.52.46 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back