macOS 10.15.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success, wheeeee

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 284
Update failed immediately on Clover 5103. It just hung right away - forgot to grab a verbose screenshot.

After updating to 5107, it was successful with 2 restarts (First one had to manually select the install).

Last edited:
At the second boot using the combo update I got the message: MacOS could not be installed . . .The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk -69793. However when I boot back into Catalina About this Mac says it is now Version 10.5.4 (19E266) like those that post their successful updates.
So am I updated?

I see Apple Arcade in the App Store so I guess I am.

Last edited:
Updated without problems. Smooth as ever.

Just added a note to the top post- it may be necessary to update Clover to v5107+ before installing. We will investigate further and update UniBeast and MultiBeast accordingly.

Not smooth and buttery for the first time in a long time. I did get there though. The fix for me was to break down and install the UEFI r5102 Clover bootloader. I was using Legacy r4961. Then and only then did the 10.15.4 update complete and all looks good. Thank goodness for Carbon Copy Cloner backups which confirmed that 10.15.3 was still good on my backup drives. At that point I booted from an emergency r5102 USB stick I'd made a few weeks back and I was able to boot into the 10.15.4 SSD at which time the stalled update completed. I'll update to r5107 later but r5102 worked fine here.

[3/26 update: I did install r5107 on my boot drives and it works fine . . . almost. I did notice that Clover no longer automatically defaults to my SSD even though it is set to do so in my config.plist. Other users have commented on this issue and I can confirm that it exists. Mine defaults to the boot drive. This was not a problem with r5102.]

Last edited:
Do yourself a favour and remember to update Clover before you update macOS Catalina.

I neglected to update Clover and that resulted in extra hassle getting Clover updated before my Hackintosh could come back to life. Apart from that every went fine.

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 15.29.01.png

Success
, so far! Updated kexts, but left Clover as-is on v5100. I did get a long list of files from /private/var/root/Library which couldn't be migrated (see below for excerpt) but it appears that everything is working normally. Updated from 10.15.3.

Some files from "/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.WirelessRadioManager.debug.plist" could not be transferred
Some files from "/private/var/root/Library/Keychains" could not be transferred
Some files from "/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.contextstored.plist" could not be transferred
Some files from "/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/ByHost" could not be transferred
Some files from "/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.CoreGraphics.plist" could not be transferred
Some files from "/private/var/root/Library/Audio" could not be transferred
Some files from "/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.tailspin.plist" could not be transferred

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back