Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I initially tried to use HackinTool to update my Clover version prior to updating from 10.15.3 to 10.15.4 but it somehow messed up my install and I was left with a black screen at boot. To recover I built a new USB install stick with UniBeast 10.1.0. I also downloaded MultiBeast 12.1.0 to the USB stick. I booted up my machine with the new USB stick and instead of doing a new install I ran MultiBeast 12.1.0 to update Clover to r5107 and install the appropriate kexts. This restored my Hackintosh to operation. I then ran the 10.15.4 Update from System Preferences Software Update. The update process went smoothly and 10.15.4 is up and running.

dwsdsada.JPG

Updated clover to 5107 and kexts using MultiBeast 12.1.

Then initiated OS update through the settings and everything finished without any issues and with two reboots.

The only problem is that I had no audio (AppleALC and Lilu were updated). My audio is Realtek ALC887. Fix was to change injected audio id from 1 to 99.

Hope that helps someone :)
Screenshot 2020-04-01 at 13.58.48.png

Update went fine, but had to include -disablegfxfirmware in boot as suggested at page one. Thanks.

Wow! I'm really late to the party this time due to a move. Updated to Clover 5108 using the new Clover App. Updated Lilu, WhatEverGreen and VirtualSMC. Update went mostly good, but took about an hour. There were several long pauses where it seemed it was stuck, but just needed more time to work. On the first restart, it booted into the UEFI. After I restarted from the UEFI, it worked as normal.

Updated Clover, Whatevergreen, Lilu and AppleALC as recommended. Moved kexts to clover and removed from /Library/Extensions

Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 7.45.36 PM.png

Unfortunately, all HiDPI/4K resolutions disappeared after I did this, with HD4600 igpu. I re-installed Lilu and Whatevergreen back to /Library/Extensions and that fixed the issue.

Also installed a Samsung 970 Plus NVMe right before the upgrade

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 11.35.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 11.35.25 AM.png
    997.8 KB · Views: 1,318
Success! My only hiccup was with Clover... I tried updating while still using Clover v5107 and it kept hanging after the first reboot. Updating to v5108 fixed that and update went smoothly. No one to blame but myself as it says it right in the update guide :lol:.

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 6.12.55 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back