Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.4 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to clear NVRam as @drimer stated in post #180 at boot. After that the install ran smoothly in 7 minutes.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 13.51.21.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 13.51.21.png
    144 KB · Views: 86
Unable to update for the first time. All previous updates went smoothly, not sure what changed this time. Here's what I see when I try to update from the Apple Preference, after I restart and choose the "Data" drive to boot from:

IMG_20200518_225215.jpg

On the other hand, when I try to update via the stand-alone installer, I get this:

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 10.50.35 PM.png

Any idea what could be going wrong please?

(Install from data...) option is shown on Clover 5108 , but once I click on it , apple logo appears for a second then restart computer. Kexts are updated

NB:I am dual booting on windows 10 and Catalina ( each one on separate drive )

Any advice

Update: sorted, I used installation USB to boot then clicked on ( install from Data ... ) and it worked.

Last edited:
I am using Clover 5107. Clicked update 10.15.4. Rebooted and installed. It then brought up my profile login screen and I logged back in without errors. Everything appears to be working just fine.

I tried all that twice and updated to latest Clover, Whatevergreen, lilu and AppleALC. Still no bootable install partition available in clover boot options.

Have you found the bootable install partition yet? I've tried every solution on this thread but do not get 'boot from install' drive on Clover screen :(

Fairly smooth update on Intel NUC8i7BEH3 with Sapphire 5700 in a Razor Core X EGPU via Thunderbolt....

Updated from 10.15.1 on Clover 5017:

Dragged new Lilu & Whatevergreen kexts into my EFI.

Installed through system update pop up.

2 reboots, straight back in - this definitely feels snappier

Catalina 10.15.3, Clover 5107. After update the screen was black. I pressed F12 - I don’t know why - and heared OS X sound. Ok, everything is okay but no display. Boot from USB to SSD system and I see everything. Hah, replace Clover! Copy from Efi (USB) to Efi (SSD), reboot from SSD and everything is okay.
(My GPU is Sapphire Radeon RX 590 Nitro+ 8 GB GDDR5 but I can't choose it in my signature)

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 18.25.43.png

Last edited:
This update worked for me but got me to reinstall completely macOS ... (with clover 5118)
At the end of update the installer told me that update failed, when I rebooted on the macOS volume I was in 10.15.4, weird. The macOS Install Data volume was still here, I deleted it from recovery, but now I can't boot anymore on the macOS volume

I'm currently reinstalling the whole thing from scratch, hopefully I didn't have anything important, but I feel like wasting my time..

This update worked for me but got me to reinstall completely macOS ... (with clover 5118)
At the end of update the installer told me that update failed, when I rebooted on the macOS volume I was in 10.15.4, weird. The macOS Install Data volume was still here, I deleted it from recovery, but now I can't boot anymore on the macOS volume

I'm currently reinstalling the whole thing from scratch, hopefully I didn't have anything important, but I feel like wasting my time..
you are not supposed to delete that data volume

For some reason I was curious to update my HACK on my Legion Y540. Update went smooth It was clean after first boot the DATA volume got deleted itself or something happene, coz it gone after installation.(Downloaded from System Preferences-Update Wizard).
Post Installation, All works Fine, except Touchpad. Touchpad stopped working in this supplimental update. But it worked with a script of @xiaoM4095, So I did ran it again and now all working as in previous build.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back