Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.4 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supplemental update applied without issues.

Easy, But Different!!! (In Pandemic times another hard test for your Mind Health)

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 09.26.26.png

On this time i not touch my Clover (v2.5K_5102) niether any Kexts on the EFI volume, \EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.15\ -AppleALC.kext (1.4.7) -Lilu.kext (1.4.2) -WhateverGreen.kext (1.3.7).
I restart and Run the update from the System Preferences, boot from the MacOS Install from "#YourMacOSVolumeName" - Data everytime until this volume desapears (2 times as usual in my case) BUT THIS TIME in the second pass when remaning 9 minutes to finish the machine restart and the Volume desappears. On the Restart boot from "#yourMacOSVolumeName" and like your iPhone or iPad starts with a Black Screen with the white apple on the center and a fine progress bar below. With the 9 remaning minutes process. (this time took all the 9 minutes! and remember, the duration of a minute depends on wich side of the restroom door you are, and you are out!)
After the ETERNAL 9 minutes, starts and works all fine!
Thats all!

How does one downgrade clover from 5109 to 5108/7 if you have a black screen?
I was also stuck at black screen after the update with v5109 (and ugly blue background).
Screen sharing was enabled and working in my case.
I connected from another device using a VNC client and replaced CLOVERX64.efi v5109 with v5108.

Easy update for me. Backed up first of course, just in case. Updated to Clover v5109, VirtualsSMC 1.1.2, Lilu 1.4.3 and WhateverGreen 1.3.8. It went smoother than the initial update to 10.15.4. The first restart went to the UEFI again instead of Clover. After restarting from the UEFI, it booted into Clover and I started the installer and had just one more restart after that. It took less than 19 minutes this time; the initial 10.15.4 install took about an hour.

MacOS.jpg

The update also went without any issue and quickly for me.

Another quick and easy MacOS update on two of my systems :-
MBP-SU.png
MacPro.png

Notes:
  • As always, before updating I cloned the systems using CCC (You can never be too careful)
  • I did not update Clover boot-loader prior to installing the update (Currently running r5007)
  • I had already updated my 3rd party kexts to the Lilu 1.4.3 point release form a few days past
  • All my 3rd party kexts are installed in /L/E (no issues with non-Apple approved kexts or Notarisation )
  • Rebuilt kext cache after the update
The update took around 20 mins with the usual three reboots, everything working as it should.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
The installation program game an error message at the end saying it couldn't detect the "boot disk"! I restarted the computer and found the update already installed. The "Data - Install" partition still appears in the Clover menu thought. Any idea how to remove it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back