Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.4 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Clover 5109 and coming from 10.15.3 because of the botched update. I decided to try and update directly to 10.15.4 Supplemental Update and thats what it does when you go through system preferences.
I am glad to say that everything went ok and that this (SU) fixed all the issues I had with the lag and the 5700 XT.

It didn't take them long to realise that the last update was a bit of a mess

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 08.56.38.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 08.56.38.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 81
thanks, just tried, but not seeing a difference.

EDIT: The first try didn’t work, no matter how many times I’ve pressed F11 button and restarted my machine. It booted directly into the old OS. However when I run the update again and hit “restart”, and repeatedly pressing F11, the "Install from..." partition SHOWED UP!!! Now it’s installing!

Worked for me. Clover 5108, PBRsata, auto=yes

Everyone that is having issues with Clover not showing the "Install from Data" partition, clear your nvram by pressing F11 in Clover boot screen. Then reboot and try your install.
Perfect!!
Thank You!

Everyone that is having issues with Clover not showing the "Install from Data" partition, clear your nvram by pressing F11 in Clover boot screen. Then reboot and try your install.
Thanks - you're a life saver!

When I restart to apply the supplemental update I get the expected black screen with Apple logo, but the progress bar only gets to about 5% before the computer resets. Clover then only displays the normal boot selections, not those I'd expect to see during an update. When I proceed to boot, I find that the update was not applied. Tried initially with 5109 and then with 5108. Same in both cases.

The 10.5.4 update went perfectly; it's just this supplemental that's not happy.

Has anybody else seen similar?

Edit:
The F11 fix mentioned above by @prabs99 does the trick! Thank you!

Steve

Last edited:
Finally updated for me! It was less smooth than usual:
- Tried to update with clover r5109.. No succes (was rebooting in old version).. Tried F11 in clover, nothing
- Rolled back to clover r5108! This time install boot option appear, update progessed, then ended on "could not be installed on your system".. I was not worried at it was the same for 10.15.4 update...
- Indeed, rebooted, saw the "install" partition but selected the classical "preboot" one... Booted, update performed!!
- Removed AGAIN the last folder created in the Preboot parition, now the "install" option is gone from clover again, updated performed!

Damn the time from "smooth mac os update like on real mac" is far away XD!

nor problems updating with clover 5109 installed

Heads up for those upgrading - using HD46000 iGPU and 4K displays - if you lose your 4K/hidpi resolutions, even after upgrading WhateverGreen/Lilu/AppleALC (and removing the installations under /L/E) you should make sure to run

sudo kextcache -i /

to rebuild kext caches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back