Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.4 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
With clover 5107 it went all fine - 20min and two reboots later it was done.

Hello, did anyone got stuck on a black screen during boot after updating? Running a 5700xt with clover 5109

Numerous reported problems (on this site and elsewhere) with 5109. The current recommendation is to stick with 5107 or 5108. Try downgrading to one of those.

Not smooth update at all, Updated clover to 5109 and kexts prior to update and guess what got distorted clover boot screen, update was happening and then after 3rd reboot I landed at lock screen but to my surprise all usb devices are not working, Basically, no mouse, keyboard, apple mouse nothing was working, Then I found this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-15-4-update-dropped-usb-ports.295035/
Somehow I collected cloverx64.efi of 5108 and prepared linux usb and done this replacement and now system is working but I am confused should I revert back to 5107 or keep using system with EFI folder of 5109 and using efi boot file of 5108.

Numerous reported problems (on this site and elsewhere) with 5109. The current recommendation is to stick with 5107 or 5108. Try downgrading to one of those.

I am using 5107... still unable to install the supplemental update. It doesnt give the install partition on restart. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Everyone that is having issues with Clover not showing the "Install from Data" partition, clear your nvram by pressing F11 in Clover boot screen. Then reboot and try your install.

You was faster. But thats the Trick. Pressing F11 in clover Menu before start the update. After the First Boot you ll See the new volume in clover.

Everyone that is having issues with Clover not showing the "Install from Data" partition, clear your nvram by pressing F11 in Clover boot screen. Then reboot and try your install.
thanks, just tried, but not seeing a difference.

EDIT: The first try didn’t work, no matter how many times I’ve pressed F11 button and restarted my machine. It booted directly into the old OS. However when I run the update again and hit “restart”, and repeatedly pressing F11, the "Install from..." partition SHOWED UP!!! Now it’s installing!

Last edited:
Update worked fine for me. Clover version 5107.

I have tried with:

CLOVER Settings:
a) boot Legacy = PBRsata
b) Gui Auto = Yes

2) Downgrade Clover to 5107

But no luck!
Try the solution on post #57, it worked for me. The first time I pressed F11 I had to allow the system boot into the old OS. There was no “install from” partition but I guess something happed behind the scene. Then run the update again, press F11 at clover screen, and this time the “install from” partition showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back