Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.4 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks lg777!,unfortunately the partition "Install macOS from..." is not visible!
it is the first time that has happened to me
Are new partitions generally visible or is everything as before the update?

Are new partitions generally visible or is everything as before the update?

everything like before...
previously after the first reboot you could see the partition "Install Mac....."

Not smooth update at all, Updated clover to 5109 and kexts prior to update and guess what got distorted clover boot screen, update was happening and then after 3rd reboot I landed at lock screen but to my surprise all usb devices are not working, Basically, no mouse, keyboard, apple mouse nothing was working, Then I found this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-15-4-update-dropped-usb-ports.295035/
Somehow I collected cloverx64.efi of 5108 and prepared linux usb and done this replacement and now system is working but I am confused should I revert back to 5107 or keep using system with EFI folder of 5109 and using efi boot file of 5108.

everything like before...
previously after the first reboot you could see the partition "Install Mac....."
Yes, this was also displayed only once with me

I use Clover 5109

So here's what happened with me:
Update started directly via Apple settings --> reboot confirmed --> reboot --> (here I saw 2 additional partitions and wondered) --> selected the partition "...Catalina Data" --> after some time reboot --> this time the partitions were gone again and I selected the normal partition again --> the installation continued here (another 7-10 minutes) --> login in Catalina.

Thinking I was doing the normal 10.15.4 update, I realize I did the 10.15.4 supplemental.
Clover 5109.
As usual, backup, update AppleALC, Lilu, WhateverGreen.
2 reboots, 2nd had to switch to good drive (was on Recovery by default)
Took about 45 minutes.
Smooth.

Clover 5107. Updated AppleALC, Lilu, WhateverGreen and VirtualSMC, then started updating from 10.15.4 to this supplemental. Update went smooth with two reboots, but audio isn’t working anymore (ALC887). Trying out different layout ids for now...

UPD: on 10.15.3 I was using 1 layoutid, after updating to 10.15.4 the only one working was 99, but after this supplementary update, the only one working is 40 layout id. Hope that helps :)

Two reboots, and I had to manually choose the installation partition on the first reboot ... but on top of that, the installation was perfect. update 10.15.4 perfect thanks

Update downloaded, but after reboot no installation progress bar, simply reboot into previously 10.15.4 version...
do you have to do something?
Thank You

Clover 5109

Same thing here. Download -> Update -> confirm restart, update runs with apple logo and a progressbar -> restart
and the list of volumes is the same old - no new volumes at all.
I feel like it crashes on the first stage and restarts the system. Updated clover and kexts - no change. Boots into the current Catalina after the restart. How can I see what's going on? I guess there must be a log somewhere.

Updated without any problems.
I have updated Clover 5109 few days before the availability of the supplementary update and installation went perfectly smooth.

Everything is working as before, no issues at all!

Last edited:
Same issue with me: reboot, no boot volume for update, boot on old os not performing update. I tried twice, no success, even checking hidden volume with F3 on clover.. Strange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back