Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know if the latest Hackintool automatically places the kext in the right folder for OSX 10.15.3 ?

Update went smoothly for me - no issues that I can see.

Updated Clover 5100 -> 5103, updated Lilu, WG, and AppleALC.

Installed update, 2 reboots (had to choose the installer as Clover didn't recognize it).

Updated. The only issue was on the Clover bootloader. You have to pick the "install" option on the Clover (2 times in my case) to follow up the update installation. If you don't, the Clover boots on the drive with no update, and you have to repeat the whole thing. Just check that, and it will work (from the automatic system updates).

It seems to me that the reason is in config.plist we defined a particular partition for clover to boot from; if we leave it to last booted, then it may 'automatically' choose the right one. I have a self defined partition so I have to manually choose the partition but I also saw folks report everything goes 'auto'.

Updated. The only issue was on the Clover bootloader. You have to pick the "install" option on the Clover (2 times in my case) to follow up the update installation. If you don't, the Clover boots on the drive with no update, and you have to repeat the whole thing. Just check that, and it will work (from the automatic system updates).

Dell Latitude E7440 installed through system preferences. Not one hitch or hick up thus far:headbang:

Updated my work and home hackintoshs like a real Mac to 10.15.3 without any problem. Thanks to tonymacx and Clover and every guy supporting this project.
Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 1.14.26 AM.png

Had a bit of an issue with my upgrade from 10.15.2 to 10.15.3. The installer would hang / blank screens. Nothing previously that worked, worked this time (including updated Lilu, WEG, AppleALC, as well as iGPU vs dGPU). Ultimately, I had to do several things:
  • Switch from /L/E to /kexts/Other
  • Use all new kexts and inside /kexts/Other
  • Use all new efi drivers replacing older ones like OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
  • Upgrade Clover from 49XX to 5103
After several frustrating hours, everything was back to normal with upgraded OS. I had a stale "install from ..." entry in Clover which I got rid of my removing the installation folder from the disk. It seems that quite a lot got changed from the last time I had upgraded Clover so it is a lesson learned for next time to ensure Clover, drivers and kexts all are updated.

Also, @CaseySJ's guide was quite useful as I went through troubleshooting: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...700k-amd-rx-580.267551/page-1131#post-2046300

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.7 MB · Views: 124
Update went fairly smoothly, took about twenty minutes after I had updated kexts as recommended.
Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 18.24.06.png

I read an article on the next update of Catalina 10.15.4 will depreciate all kernel extensions. I have a test system of 10.15.2 that is working OK.
Could anyone comment about a pre-upgrade strategy that will mitigate problems.
It has been suggested that "If you use macOS, run kextstat | grep -v com.apple to see how many third party kernel extensions you have running".
I am more interested in the effects of booting than I am of some software programs not running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back