Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly recommend updating your Clover to v2.5k r5102 or higher as my display only showed a black screen during (and after) updating to macOS 10.15.3, and my Clover build was v2.4k r4934 from MultiBeast 11.3.0. Only booting via my USB stick (Catalina installer) could finish the update.
截圖 2020-02-03 14.03.12a.png

It no longer requires my USB stick after removing the outdated Clover build and installing the latest Clover build from tonymacx86.

Last edited:
Today Apple released macOS 10.15.3 Update, a major software update to macOS Catalina. Update any supported system using the built-in Software Update functionality through the System Preferences pane or by using the standalone installer available from Apple.com.
What we know about the 10.15.3 Update so far...
  • macOS Build 19D76
  • Updated Intel and AMD graphics drivers
  • Updated audio drivers- established users of Catalina with AppleALC or VoodooHDA should not need to update.
  • Install macOS Catalina App has been updated - If you downloaded macOS Catalina from the App Store prior to today, and you want to have the latest version on your backup installer USB, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Download. The updated Install macOS Catalina App can be found in the Applications folder.
The ‌macOS Catalina‌ 10.15.3 update improves the stability, reliability and security of your Mac, and is recommended for all users.
This update:
  • Optimizes gamma handling of low gray levels on Pro Display XDR for SDR workflows when using macOS
  • Improves multi-stream video editing performance for HEVC and H.264 encoded 4K video on the 16-inch MacBook Pro (2019)
Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.

Related:
macOS Catalina 10.15.2 Update
macOS Catalina 10.15.1 Update
macOS Catalina 10.15.0 Supplemental Update
macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store
Update Directly to macOS Catalina
macOS 10.15 Catalina: How to Mount Root Partition Read/Write for Post-Installation
How to Create a macOS Catalina Public Beta Installation USB
tonymacx86 Clover Theme (Updated for Catalina)
Introducing the macOS Catalina Critter!
Catalina Desktop Support
Catalina Desktop Guides
Catalina Laptop Support
Catalina Laptop Guides
macOS Catalina Public Beta is Now Available
Apple Reveals macOS 10.15 Catalina - Available Fall 2019

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-02-03 at 4.38.57 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-02-03 at 4.38.57 PM.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 139
Updated from Mojave to this NP. I had to tweak my dual monitor set up, but everything works.

I finally succeed the upgrade from 10.15.2 to 10.15.3 which is a good news, all is working as expected.

But I had to remove the MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT for the upgrade. Because each time at upgrade startup my computer
was shutting down.

Screenshot 2020-02-03 at 18.18.52.png

Updated from 10.15.2 to 10.15.3
It was easy as do re mi
works perfect.

Updated to 10.15.3 on 970 EVO Plus successfully after updating and moving kexts to ...\Other and removing them from \Library\Extensions. Also ran Stork's Terminal commands to rebuild cache. Did not update Clover (5098) or Port Limit Removal patches.

Stable system so far with USB3 and audio working. Access to PC on separate 960 EVO retained.

Works fine.
  • Update Clover to 5103
  • Removed kexts from the /Library/Extensions/ and rebuild
  • Updated kext on EFI
  • Ran update
  • Correction of Clover boot option necessary during install

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back