Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed 10.15 made with UniBeast, updated Clover to latest version UEFI install, then downloaded update from OS, then fixed audio realtek 887, LAN realtek, USB port limit, and all work perfectly.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-31 at 12.51.35.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-31 at 12.51.35.png
    249.2 KB · Views: 74
Do we need to move the AirportBrcmFixup kext from /L/E over to EFI/Clover...Other?

Screenshot 2020-01-31 at 20.02.27.png

Updated Clover and all drivers and kexts to latest version and installed, no problems , after 20 minutes or so it was installed ..

Do we need to move the AirportBrcmFixup kext from /L/E over to EFI/Clover...Other?

As I understand it, the current recommendations are to move ALL hack kexts. The system is becoming more rigorous in restricting non-Apple signed files in system.

:ch: (Optional - See Note) Update to the latest Clover
See the tonymacx86 Clover Builds (in Download menu) to update Clover.

:ch: Starting in February 2020, Apple will "clamp down" on non Apple approved kexts. So, update Lilu, WhatEverGreen and AppleALC, placing them in your /EFI/.../Clover/kexts/other/. Remove these kexts from the /Library/Extensions/ folder. If you haven't already, move any other hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions/ folder to the .../Clover/kexts/other/ folder. Then run the following Terminal command to rebuild the macOS cache:
Code:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches
Reference: https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/technotes/tn2459/_index.html

Exactly this - Worked perfect.

You guys @tonymacx86 are awesome :headbang:

i did as instructed, i updated my kexts and moved my L/E kexts to EFI/clover/kexts/others and then
updated my HP 8300 to 10.15.3, smooth update no issues at all took me about 10 to 20 min and done :)

View attachment 447526
star trek :)

Yep, I am a Trekiee. hehe :) Live long and prosper...

Note: Update will reboot teo times; each time Clover picks the correct boot partition. So, sit back and relax.
Is this affected by the <key>DefaultVolume</key> in config.plist?

Updated without issues, everything works (except the built-in WIFI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back