Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I wonder why they chose to reinforce that feature specifically in February 2020. I could not find this information in the note.
10.15.3 now has the code to enforce the restriction.

Approval is automatically granted to third-party KEXTs that were already present when upgrading to macOS High Sierra.
Have to wonder whether this will hold true for 10.15.3. Grandfathering in our hackintosh kexts in L/E would be nice.

Success HP Z440 E5-1660 v4 and Sappear nitro+ RX 5700 XT OC with full working. :):):)

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 23.46.09.png

You'll need to use "Clover Configurator" to mount the EFI folder, then copy the extra kexts from /Library/Extensions/ to EFI/.../Clover/kexts/Other/. Then delete the old kexts from /Library/Extensions/, and rebuild the MacOS Cache using the code mentioned.

You may want to have a quick read on Clover Configurator first, before attempting the upgrade. Good luck! :)
Thank you, kind stranger

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
Most went well the 2nd time after forgetting the kextcache command lines the first time. Had to restore, before the 2nd time of coarse.

When I applied the first command line, its output showed all non-signed kexts.
I removed them & installed them in EFI | Kext | Other, which now has:

- AppleALC
- AppleIntelE1000e
- FakePCIID_XHCIMux
- FakePCIID
- FakeSMC
- Lilu
- WhateverGreen

The 2nd update process looked different from the 1st: It now showed an Apple update window, including a progress bar. Previous update(s) only showed the progress bar, no Apple update window. An effect of the move of the kexts?

The changes do delay booting and Ethernet stops working after wake-up from sleep.

I'm a Hackintosh one-trick-pony, so I tried my usual stuff: I opened the content of AppleIntelE1000e.kext, did a kextstat and changed the versions in info.plist to the ones retrieved from the kextstat. But this did not help.

Attachments

• AppleIntelE1000e.kext.zip
    130 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Updated from without a problem. Whenever it goes without a hitch it makes me worried, but I'll take it.
10.15.3.jpg

Glad it went well for you!

Which drivers/EFI are you using?

My board is very close to yours and I'm having trouble upgrading from 10.14.6 to Catalina (with WEG/ Lilu, etc. of course), so it might be my EFI drivers?

It's a pretty vanilla installation, not doing anything special. Using the following Kexts (latest release versions) in /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other: AppleALC, AtherosE2200Ethernet, FakeSMC, Lilu, USBInjectAll, WhateverGreen, XHCI-200-series-injector (not sure if I still need this one??)

Here's my SMBIOS settings for my current build.
Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 12.04.53 PM.png

This build has been super stable for me.

Last edited:
Hi, maybe a noob question; do you copy your kexts to the new folder or reinstall them and delete the old ones ?
Kind regards, Michiel

When adding Kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other, I just mount my EFI partition, and copy them into the "Other" folder manually.

For this upgrade, I deleted all Hacintosh related kexts from /Library/Extension, and rebuilt cache as instructed in Stork's post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back