Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
An easy update.

I moved the kexts as suggested by Stork, and, after 25 minutes, the system was up again.
The first test showed no audio, but after another reboot I had my AppleALC back again.

Thanks for all the hard work to the team at tonymacx86.com!

Done, took about 20 minutes. @CaseySJ and @pastrychef - Rumor has it that Thunderbay4 will not cause kernel panics with 10.15.3. Testing to follow.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 3.33.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 3.33.19 PM.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 97
Updated via download the macOS 10.15.3 Update from 10.15.2, no issues. I had to select the correct drive in Clover 5103 on three reboots. Install took about 21 minutes.
T-Rex_SK (U3E1) (Clover)
i3-6006U/ Skylake-U/Y
HD 520, 1366x768

Pulled all my extra drives, then updated Clover, Lilu, and Whatevergreen, and then updated to 10.15.3 with absolutely no problems! Didn’t even have to pick which drive to boot with each restart.

Thanks to all the help from everyone here!

Hi, maybe a noob question; do you copy your kexts to the new folder or reinstall them and delete the old ones ?
Kind regards, Michiel

You'll need to use "Clover Configurator" to mount the EFI folder, then copy the extra kexts from /Library/Extensions/ to EFI/.../Clover/kexts/Other/. Then delete the old kexts from /Library/Extensions/, and rebuild the MacOS Cache using the code mentioned.

You may want to have a quick read on Clover Configurator first, before attempting the upgrade. Good luck! :)

I don't get it. The update installs flawlessly, but then it just boots to 10.15.2 like nothing happened. I'll try the combo updater now.

I don't get it. The update installs flawlessly, but then it just boots to 10.15.2 like nothing happened. I'll try the combo updater now.

check that you have enough disk space before you start (macOS Catalina requires not less than 16GB)
if you are running out of disk space, the update process seems to be OK, but it will go back to the old version

I installed Catalina 10.15.2 only a couple of days ago. For that reason I ran the system updater, instead of the combo updater as I usually do. To my surprise, there was no second reboot, although the process took nearly 45 minutes. When it ended, I had 10.15.3. I rebooted to be sure, and the install drive was not there. So far, everything "just works." (Clover)

Installed 10.15.3 after moving all "unsigned" Hackintosh kexts to EFI/Clover. I had to mind the store and assure that Clover chose the correct install volume after each reboot (totaled two for me), and everything was done in about 20 minutes. Everything works fine.

(PS - I'm actually really happy to see that we should NOW be able to all agree WHERE to place hackintosh kexts, and that debate should now be put to bed!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back