Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was almost sure of that. I don't know about Clover but, OpenCore tends to give less problems with updates (relatively)

Updated to 10.15.3, no problems. Looks like AirportBrcmFixup crapped out after the update.

I copied AirportBrcmFixup.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and looks like Wifi is working again :)

Clover 5103
GA-Z390-UD
Originally installed via UniBeast.

Thanks Tony!

Last edited:
Works fine here, update went smooth. Though with my OpenCore, on the second reboot, I had to pick Installer partition in picker. It wasn't blessed automatically.

Updated. No issues.

Screenshot 2020-01-28 at 22.44.54.png

Update itself went fine. Browsing to Netflix freezes my system now though. Lilu, WhateverGreen and AppleALC were up-to-date before I installed the update.

Te update from system update went fine. Thanks again to this great community.

As usual i lost my sound .. and as usual i don't remember how to correct it ...
it seems it is not enough to download AppleALc ...
damn to my short memory :)
hahah

edited ...

i reinstalled previous applealc, rebooted, it worked , reinstalled latest applealc and continue to work ...
can't understand why ... anyway everything is ok ..

Last edited:
Working as expected!

Captura de Tela 2020-01-28 às 21.38.32.png

Did the usual Lilu/WEG/ALC and Clover update, then updated the OS through system preferences/software update. Slow like the last update (25-30 mins). Everything seems to work. Haven't tried booting it with my OpenCore USB yet.

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 3.48.09 PM.png

Please post help requests in the Catalina Desktop Support Forum section (not in this thread).

Pre Update Notes
:
- This update may break some of your Catalina functions, like audio. Make sure you backup first. :thumbup:

- Make sure you use the latest versions of the Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. They will be in the Downloads > Kexts area.

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch:Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner (see the link above to CaseySJ's script) or SuperDuper;

:ch: (Optional - See Note) Update to the latest Clover
See the tonymacx86 Clover Builds (in Download menu) to update Clover.

:ch: Update Lilu, WhatEverGreen and AppleALC, placing them in your /EFI/.../Clover/kexts/other/. Remove these kexts from the /Library/Extensions/ folder. If you haven't already, move any other hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions/ folder to the .../Clover/kexts/other/ folder. Then run the following Terminal command to rebuild the macOS cache:
Code:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

:ch: If you are updating from 10.15.2, then you don't need to apply any new Port Limit Removal Patches. If you are updating from macOS before Catalina, apply any 10.15.0 Port Limit Removal Patches. Better yet, if you have created a SSDT-USB, then you're all set.

:ch: Download the Catalina 10.15.3 Update in Post #1 or the update from Apple's Mac App Store and run it - the updater will reboot upon completion.
Note: Update will reboot teo times; each time Clover picks the correct boot partition. So, sit back and relax.

ch: Done! So far, another easy update! :thumbup:

Please post help requests in the Catalina Desktop Support Forum section (not in this thread).
What do you mean move things from library to efi? I thought it was better to leave third party kexts in library/extensions instead of clover?

Can you elaborate please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back