Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I moved all hackintosh kexts from L/E/ to efi/clover/kexts/other/ as recommended.
Then very smooth update on both my machines like a real mac would, around 15 minutes.
Everything fine so far, nothing to complain.
I have SSDT-USB for both my machines, so no problem here.

Update worked well for me. No issues yet :clap:

Thanks TonyMac! :headbang:

cat10.2.png

Another painless upgrade, Thanks again!

Same process as usual for the most part. Backup w/ CCC. Update Kexts (WEG, LILU, Apple ALC) in EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other. Upgraded Clover to 5102 (TonyMac x86 build). Ran the upgrade from Software Update. Took about 30 minutes for upgrade to complete. Only thing different this time around was removing kexts from /Library/Extensions/ as instructed in Stork's post above.
Glad it went well for you!

Which drivers/EFI are you using?

My board is very close to yours and I'm having trouble upgrading from 10.14.6 to Catalina (with WEG/ Lilu, etc. of course), so it might be my EFI drivers?

Another painless upgrade, Thanks again!

Same process as usual for the most part. Backup w/ CCC. Update Kexts (WEG, LILU, Apple ALC) in EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other. Upgraded Clover to 5102 (TonyMac x86 build). Ran the upgrade from Software Update. Took about 30 minutes for upgrade to complete. Only thing different this time around was removing kexts from /Library/Extensions/ as instructed in Stork's post above.

Hi, maybe a noob question; do you copy your kexts to the new folder or reinstall them and delete the old ones ?
Kind regards, Michiel

I practiced the upgrade on a HDD copy. Then bit the bullet and upgraded the main SSD. It worked! I was reluctant to give up some 32-bit apps (like Photoshop CS3) but can always boot back into a Mojave clone I made.
Three restarts and good to go. I appreciated the careful instructions to remove all Hack kexts to the EFI first. All seems solid at this point - though I never got sleep to work on this rig and haven't tested that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back