Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated smoothly just like a real Mac. It took about 30 minutes with 3 reboots.
I'm using external sound card so I can't report anything about it, but graphics and usb are working as expected.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 08.36.47.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 08.36.47.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 63
Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-13 um 13.17.29.png

Updated Clover to 5100 and then Update from Preferences.

Need to turn Computer completely Off bevor starting "Install macOS..."

When setup finished there was no need to Install any Kext, System runs perfect - including integrated Audio and USB.

Note: On 10.15.1 I had massive Boot-Problems with ASRock Z390M Pro4, so I changed to Gigabyte Z390M Gaming, witch works perfectly.

Core i7 2700K @ 4,5ghz
Asrock P67 Extreme 6
16go Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600@1866 (8-9-8-21-1T)
Sapphire Radeon RX 590 Nitro + (replaced an old Nvidia GT720 and worked right OOB)

Updated from latest Mojave. Everything works like a charm (except USB3 that I've never been able to configure...)

Merci Tony :)

Last edited:
Update on my side with no issues except the audio. Re-apply the MultiBeast audio, and all OK....
2 reboots and 20 min to complete, update lilu, WEG and AppleALC, Clover still 4988 and no problem with HEVC.

Everything is working properly including sound. I only had to boot into the installer twice then add -disablegfxfirmware to the boot options the first time after the installer clover options were no longer there, then I cleared the kext cache with
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
and I got a ton of invalid signature errors but then restarting normally got all kexts back to work perfectly.

1576278792279.png

It has taken me some time to convince myself that upgrading to Catalina would be a good decision. The drawbacks as I see them are:
  • No 32bit support - Losing these items:
    • Canon Scanner Ap (Not going to be updated, Canon replied to me)
    • Harmony Control App (Silverlight app - sigh!)
    • VPN Client App (Cisco) - Brew has openvpn that works nicely
    • Logitech Mouse Driver - Never really used this
    • Plus a few more
  • Spending time on backing up
  • Spending time on installation, googling and installation
I backed up my drive with CCC and copied the EFI partition manually - CCC does not appear to take this into consideration.

This was the process:
  1. Updated Lilu, WhatEverGreen, AppleALC using Hackintool and KextBeast
  2. Clover was on 5099, so I did not update it further
  3. I downloaded the full installer (version 10.15.2 edition, build 19C57) and started the installation
  4. Update stuck at: apfs_module_start: 1683
  5. After googling I created a SSDT-EC.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
  6. Restarted the installation and watched one reboot and then got stuck at some vague error messages that did not seem relevant (I had already seen these messages earlier were the installation continued unhindered)
  7. After googling I removed all my old FakeSMC* drivers and kexts and installed the VirtualSMC driver and kexts
  8. Restarted the installation and after ~45 minutes I arrived at the Catalina Login screen.

Audio, Network, USB3, SSD Trim: everything appears to work as expected.

Backed up my system using SuperDuper. Using Clover UEFI Boot Mode v2.4k r4961

Added Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext to /Library/Extensions/ folder and .../Clover/kexts/other/ folder.
Downloaded macOS Catalina 10.15.2 from the Apple Mac App Store. Rebooted twice for the install steps.

Did not have audio. Restart the system 3 times and audio came back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back