Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success, smooth upgrade after updating WEG, Lilu, AppleALC first. 2 reboots and it was up and working fine.

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 7.55.39 PM.png

Dell Optiplex 9020 MT

I found one side effect of upgrading -- HiDPI resolutions disappeared, and my monitor no longer says Retina Display, now it's just a LG 4K display.

Does anyone know how to get the Retina display back with HiDPI ? Using HD4600 iGPU tried setting to iMac15,1 no luck. Also not working with iMac14,2

UPDATE:
Fixed using this utility: https://comsysto.github.io/Display-...or-with-HiDPI-Support-For-Scaled-Resolutions/

Last edited by a moderator:
Low Performance Rendering under Compressor (mp4 h264 - 2000 mbps)
View attachment 439969
Last compressor program Version
i8700k
Gamming 7 Aourus z370
rX 5700 XT

Use Compressor 4.4.4 if you have it backed up. Latest version does not use the encoders properly. Same for FCPX.

Updated flawlessly on my Ideapad S340

I was running 10.15.1, and then updated to Clover 5100, Lilu 1.4.0, WEG 1.3.5, and AppleALC 1.4.4. Rebooted, and all was fine under 10.15.1. Then I ran the 10.15.2 updater which resulted in a solid panic/reboot loop, with my main monitor dead (which is connected to my RX580).

The cause? I saw the panic report details ("send to Apple...") which listed on the first line a complaint about the Shiki argument. I had the boot argument shikigva=16. Changed it to shikigva=80 and installed the update with no issues.

I find it amazing some members having to manually choose the Install partition, I say amazing because in all the updates/upgrades (not feeling smug or particularly clever :)) I've done mine always defaults to the Install From Partition between the reboots. Still it's good to hear everyone so far had little or no probs with the installation - Happy Days :thumbup:
It depends how your boot items are arranged in your clover boot menu. I prefer macOS to take up the leftmost position by default, to the right of that will then be "other boot options" that I cared to have configured. A macOS upgrade boot option, in this kind of scenario, will always appear in the rightmost menu position., hence the requirement to "move" to that install boot option as without doing so an upgrade will just not take place.
I prefer it this way as all my upgrades are attended upgrades by choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back