Register

macOS 10.15.2 Update

Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 L322X / 0PJHXN
CPU
i7-3537U
Graphics
HD4000/1920x1080
Updated Lilu, WhateverGreen, AppleALC and VoodooPS2 and all went like a charm.

Motherboard
osx 10.8.2
CPU
3.6 GHz Intel Core i7-3770k
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Updated here no problems

Motherboard
ASRock Z270M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
- This update may break some of your Catalina functions, like audio. Make sure you backup first. See @CaseySJ's CCC script that not only backs up your Catalina installation but also your EFI folder. :thumbup:
DO NOT DO THIS !!

@CaseySJ : Your script DELETED all the partitions of my system. It delete my EFI, my Time Machine, my BOOT drive, my CCC backup. EVERYTHING !!

This is as bad as it can get.

I had a working Catalina 10.15.1 with years of work on it!!

OMG :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
DO NOT DO THIS !!

@CaseySJ : Your script DELETED all the partitions of my system. It delete my EFI, my Time Machine, my BOOT drive, my CCC backup. EVERYTHING !!

This is as bad as it can get.

I had a working Catalina 10.15.1 with years of work on it!!

OMG :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
See the discussion on this subject in @CaseySJ's thread with this post:

Motherboard
ASRock Z270M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
See the discussion on this subject in @CaseySJ's thread with this post:
I read @CaseySJ discussion. Just as I reviewed the script before adding it, but got fooled by his comment that although the script deleted some data, @CaseySJ thought it was safe.

What fool I was.

I relied on both Time Machine, separate drive, and CCC on a separate drive, to for it to be safe with 15+ years of family photos and projects. Now EVERYTHING is gone. It deleted all the drives and the EFI partitions!

More fool me, but you HAVE TO REMOVE this advice to use the script. It is too specific. I trusted your advice Stork, as I have been doing for years and now all my data is destroyed.

Look yes this is on me. But remove the advice please !

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I read @CaseySJ discussion. Just as I reviewed the script before adding it, but got fooled by his comment that although the script deleted some data, @CaseySJ thought it was safe.

What fool I was.

I relied on both Time Machine, separate drive, and CCC on a separate drive, to for it to be safe with 15+ years of family photos and projects. Now EVERYTHING is gone. It deleted all the drives and the EFI partitions!

More fool me, but you HAVE TO REMOVE this advice to use the script. It is too specific. I trusted your advice Stork, as I have been doing for years and now all my data is destroyed.

Look yes this is on me. But remove the advice please !
OK.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
with 15+ years of family photos and projects. Now EVERYTHING is gone. It deleted all the drives and the EFI partitions!
It's very possible your stuff hasn't been completely deleted unless the script overwrote the sections of the drive where it was with new data. Look into some data recovery programs and hook it up to a Mac via a USB 3.0 adapter. There's a good chance for recovery. https://www.cleverfiles.com/howto/top-5-data-recovery-software-mac.html

If even that doesn't work you can use a Pro service that costs just $300. Have a look at that.

We charge $300 if we can recover your SSD, no charge if we can’t (this applies to almost all SSDs; including all SSDs that are 2TB and smaller and not encrypted). If you encrypted your SSD with Bitlocker, FileVault, Veracrypt, or something similar, we charge a $100 encryption fee.
This is the best US based recovery service at the lowest price. I have no affiliation with them.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASRock Z270M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
This is the best US based recovery service at the lowest price. I have no affiliation with them.

Thank you so much for the info. I may have to go this route.

But I have moved my HDDs, of which there were two, one for CCC clone, the other for Time Machine (TM) backup, and it seems like the TM may still have data. I don't know how to inspect the data. I suppose I am supposed to use Apple Recovery? But has that been wiped from the Boot drive?