Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
when is MultiBeast and UniBeast is going to release for Catalina ?

/var/log/install.log

Thanks. I found what I missed. :banghead:
During the reboot, select 'Install Mojave Data' partition from the clover boot menu. Keep selecting until it gets disappeared across multiple reboots (twice). If you do not select the installer partition, clover will select existing Mojave partition by default.

Thanks. I found what I missed. :banghead:
During the reboot, select 'Install Mojave Data' partition from the clover boot menu. Keep selecting until it gets disappeared across multiple reboots (twice). If you do not select the installer partition, clover will select existing Mojave partition by default.

Thanks. That makes sense. I just started the upgrade again and found that option in the boot menu. Maybe this was pointed out in the upgrade notes here and I missed it. I feel like that was never the case on previous version upgrades, or at least I don't remember ever needing to do that.

Hello everybody. I'm still on version 10.12.5 but looking to update the OS. It seems it has been quite a while since I last messed with Clover and everything related to kexts etc... Any advice on how I should start to operate? I'm a bit worried about these updates, which is the reason I'm still on Sierra. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 00.17.04.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 00.17.04.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 222
There are no drivers after High Sierra for your GTX 1080.
Really?? These are not the news I was expecting :crazy: Thank you for your answer, I'll try to update to High Sierra then. The only reason is Capture One 20 that require at least High Sierra so I'll start looking for a solution.

Really?? These are not the news I was expecting :crazy: Thank you for your answer, I'll try to update to High Sierra then. The only reason is Capture One 20 that require at least High Sierra so I'll start looking for a solution.
If you need to update to Catalina (or at least Mojave for any 32 bit apps you might still need to run), you'll have to either make do with your onboard HD-630 iGPU or look at any of the AMD cards that are macOS compatible. (Look through the latest Buyers' Guide or check the forums for any feed-back on any specific dGPU card you might be interested in.) Good luck.

If you need to update to Catalina (or at least Mojave for any 32 bit apps you might still need to run), you'll have to either make do with your onboard HD-630 igpu or look at any of the AMD cards that are macOS compatible (look through the latest Buyers' Guide or check the forums for any feed-back on any specific dgpu card you might be interested in). Good luck.
Thanks for the advice. I actually don't need to update to Catalina. I do however need to update to High Sierra in order to use Capture One 20. If not I'll keep on using version 12 or Lightroom. I won't be able to change my graphic card in the near future so I'll have to deal with it. I'm looking into installation guides for High Sierra but that APFS system is making me doubt since I have one SSD and one HD...I'll stop posting in this thread since it's not related to my issue. Thanks for your feedback again. Have a great day everyone!

I had this same issue with the beta. There’s a boot arguement you need to add to Clover. Unfortunately, I’m not at home and don’t remember it, but hopefully it’ll help limit your searching for a solution.

Can you post the boot argument you mentioned in your post # 10 - thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back