Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed on H55M-S2H. No problems.

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 5.54.38 PM.png

Upgrade went well on my Z370N. It is now my 24/7 desktop/server.

Just wanted to share my experience, went great on my Z370 platform.

Took quite a while but installed without problem. Updated all kexts prior, and used the agdpmod=pikera boot arg to be safe. Working fantastic. I'm getting 6.8 second Bruce X with my Dual Vega 64 setup :)

Updated WEG, Lilu and Apple ALC.
BIOS setting for my motherboard.
That's it. It went like real mac.
Updated to 10.15.1.

Updated old Asus P7P55D-E, i7-870, EVGA GT 710 (3-monitors). First I changed EC to ECO using Clover. Then I was able to start installation.Turned off manually once and then on the SECOND APFS DISK I restarted the computer to complete installation. I lost wireless connection and bluetooth (known problems) all the rest is good. it went better than my portable Apple MacBook Air that froze and I lost all (back up people back up). A comment on Catalina: I am very unhappy. The software is not stable as previous system softwares and destroyed all my iTunes library. Very unhappy!!

Last edited:
Looks like I'm upgraded and working. To loan a hand to anyone dealing with minor issues I had. I cloned my Mojave 1TB to a new 2TB SSD using dd if=.. of=.... (BTW it also cloned the EFI folder - and I just manually installed Clover to the new drive after the first boot). Then I tried to resize using "sudo diskutil apfs resizeContainer disk3s2 0", but I was getting an error about resizing. "Cannot resize APFS partition - The new size must be different than the existing size". I ran "diskutil repairDisk" and then was able to resize the partition (had to search for a while and this wasn't clear from others with a similar issue).

Aside from that (before the update) I updated Clover and used KextUpdater to make sure I had the latest kexts. But I lost audio after the upgrade. Once I disabled all the older AppleHDA patches and rebooted, audio was back. This is on a GA-Z87X-OC board with an ALC892. In case this helps someone else. Note I have all the kexts needed in the Clover folder, not /S/L/E or /L/E.

I also removed Emuvariableuefi-64.efi in order to get the preloader to boot automatically. iMessage is still working so no loss there.

One of these days Ill properly fix the USB 3 mapping, but its not very urgent for me.

My one remaining issue. I use FileVault2 and must boot the preloader (work requires it). The boot via the preloader is slow. Clover sits on a black screen with apple logo for "too long" and then finally allows me to enter a password. Also the login screen has blocks of discoloration (its a 4K via DP). I already have debug off and this didn't take nearly as long on 10.14.x. Curious if anyone has a way to fix this or if its a Clover bug that needs to be fixed? (E.G.: just wait for a new version and hopefully this goes away.) Any ideas?

This is whats in EFI:
ApfsDriverLoader.efi AppleUITheme.efi FirmwareVolume.efi
AppleImageCodec.efi AudioDxe.efi HashServiceFix.efi
AppleKeyAggregator.efi DataHubDxe.efi OsxAptioFixDrv.efi
AppleKeyFeeder.efi FSInject.efi SMCHelper.efi

This is what is in other:
AppleALC.kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext USBInjectAll.kext
FakeSMC.kext Lilu.kext WhateverGreen.kext

BTW, I have one of those Broadcom cards I got from Alibaba w/ BT and AirDrop/Handoff, etc., works fine, but I can't connect during BIOS, and I use a small 3rd party keyboard via USB to enter my password. Any idea if there is a solution for this using the BT magic KB and mouse on a Gigabyte board?

Hope this helps someone else and hope someone fixes this Clover slow boot issue with Filevault2. Thanks.

Last edited:
Upgraded from 15.0 to 15.1 normally didn't work. PC rebooted into 15.0
Upgraded Clover from 5070 to 5098. Now the system was able to upgrade, however sound wasn't working.
Used KextBeast to upgrade AppleALC to 1.4.3, upon reboot it still wasn't working
Used KextBeast to upgrade Lilu to 1.3.9, and upon reboot sound is back!

I did update my GA-H61N-USB3, i5-3570, GT 640 but I lost wireless Internet, Bluetooth, and all MSOffice, Adobe application (needed upgrade i.e. $) and other software like Audacity. I went back to Mojave (with TimeMachine). Maybe, and, I underline maybe, I will upgrade when the community will resolve the problems mentioned before and I decide to upgrade the software.

Anyway, it is possible on my system to upgrade to Catalina. Last observation I am not very happy with Catalina (was slower/choppy at least in my system and the new Photo and iTunes are two disasters). I am almost tempted to use the new Raspberry Pi 4 and call it quit or change the hardware. With this old hardware it is not possible to make it work in efficient way. Yes I am disappointed.

New news: At the end I did update to Catalina and all is working with the exception of the WiFi because I used the only expansion slide for a video card. Make sure that the Clover, Lilu, WhateverGreen, AppleHDA etc are the latest versions or you will experience many problems.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm upgraded and working. To loan a hand to anyone dealing with minor issues I had. I cloned my Mojave 1TB to a new 2TB SSD using dd if=.. of=.... (BTW it also cloned the EFI folder - and I just manually installed Clover to the new drive after the first boot). Then I tried to resize using "sudo diskutil apfs resizeContainer disk3s2 0", but I was getting an error about resizing. "Cannot resize APFS partition - The new size must be different than the existing size". I ran "diskutil repairDisk" and then was able to resize the partition (had to search for a while and this wasn't clear from others with a similar issue).

Aside from that (before the update) I updated Clover and used KextUpdater to make sure I had the latest kexts. But I lost audio after the upgrade. Once I disabled all the older AppleHDA patches and rebooted, audio was back. This is on a GA-Z87X-OC board with an ALC892. In case this helps someone else. Note I have all the kexts needed in the Clover folder, not /S/L/E or /L/E.

I also removed Emuvariableuefi-64.efi in order to get the preloader to boot automatically. iMessage is still working so no loss there.

One of these days Ill properly fix the USB 3 mapping, but its not very urgent for me.

My one remaining issue. I use FileVault2 and must boot the preloader (work requires it). The boot via the preloader is slow. Clover sits on a black screen with apple logo for "too long" and then finally allows me to enter a password. Also the login screen has blocks of discoloration (its a 4K via DP). I already have debug off and this didn't take nearly as long on 10.14.x. Curious if anyone has a way to fix this or if its a Clover bug that needs to be fixed? (E.G.: just wait for a new version and hopefully this goes away.) Any ideas?

This is whats in EFI:
ApfsDriverLoader.efi AppleUITheme.efi FirmwareVolume.efi
AppleImageCodec.efi AudioDxe.efi HashServiceFix.efi
AppleKeyAggregator.efi DataHubDxe.efi OsxAptioFixDrv.efi
AppleKeyFeeder.efi FSInject.efi SMCHelper.efi

This is what is in other:
AppleALC.kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext USBInjectAll.kext
FakeSMC.kext Lilu.kext WhateverGreen.kext

BTW, I have one of those Broadcom cards I got from Alibaba w/ BT and AirDrop/Handoff, etc., works fine, but I can't connect during BIOS, and I use a small 3rd party keyboard via USB to enter my password. Any idea if there is a solution for this using the BT magic KB and mouse on a Gigabyte board?

Hope this helps someone else and hope someone fixes this Clover slow boot issue with Filevault2. Thanks.

Looks like outdated packages. Remove existing Filevault drivers and replace them with AppleGenericInput.efi and AppleUiSupport.efi from https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleSupportPkg/releases/tag/2.0.9

Also remove FakeSMC and replace it with VirtualSMC.efi and VirtualSmc.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back