Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there.

Perhaps try one of the simpler themes. I've seen a couple of cases of screen corruption using non-standard ones. If that is a standard one... double-check lilu/whatevergreen.

:)
Solved! I changing the wallpaper to something else and changing it back.
Thank you for the answer and help. :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated WEG and Lilu was up to date...but I am receiving this screen while is booting
Like a square in the center of the screen...
Unknown-2.jpg

I don't know what is happening but is not confortable remove the Vega 64 to use the UHD 630...

How long did you wait with a black screen?
Seemed like forever but it was really about 5 minutes. And that happened twice.

Crap. This was the worse update over the past year. I just realized that the update didn't create Time Machine snapshot so I can't revert back. Fortunately I have back up of my system, but it will take many hours to restore.

In the meantime I will disable sleep. Hopefully there is a fix to the sleep/wake issue.

If you are planning on updating. DONT FORGET TO TAKE SNAPSHOT of the system first.

Updated WEG and Lilu was up to date...but I am receiving this screen while is booting
Like a square in the center of the screen...
View attachment 433903

I don't know what is happening but is not confortable remove the Vega 64 to use the UHD 630...

EDIT:
CSM was enabled > disabled (I forgot)

should be agdpmod=pikera
thank you both of you.
now with command line in clover agdpmod=pikera I m able to boot after upgrade to 10.15.1.
first time I though it didn't work because I have not iGpu , but after all tried and get very nice outcome.

thanks again.

There is a lot in this thread about steps for updating with Pulse RX 580 but not so much about the Pulse RX 590 other than post #217. Are these cards similar enough for the same lessons to apply? Interested in any other guidance before proceeding. Success: installed AppleALC 1.4.3, Lilu 1.3.9, and WhateverGreen 1.3.4, stayed with Clover 4961 and upgraded to 10.15.1. Noted unusually long black screen during last stage of the upgrade but didn't need boot flag.

Last edited:
The RX 580 Pulse is really a big problem.

I can't figure why this card in particular the RX 580 Pulse works perfect with 10.15.0 but not with 10.15.1 even with WEG and all that. Screen just flash at the end of boot to a black screen. If you just allow it until the computer go to sleep. as soon as you wake it by touching Mouse or key board, the screen comes right back on as beautiful as ever. Has anybody figure out the fix this?

I have the same problem.
I fixed it by add [Inject ATI] in clover boot config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back