Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. I figure out theRX 580 Pulse. All you got to do is copy the AMD 9500 and the AMD framebuffer kext from 10.15.0 build, and replace ones on the 10.15.1 build.
Could you please upload AMD 9500 and the AMD framebuffer kext? I erased my 10.15.1 disk and cloned Mohave over it and tried the 10.15.1 update installer from Apple again. I get the same result, black screens, but can use the 10.15.1 disk with Remote Desktop from another computer, so I know it updated. When I pull up About This Mac, the overview doesn't show my RX-580 at all. My graphics card is AORUS Radeon™ RX580 8G.

I updated and flew into a full panic with the black screen. I use my mac for work so its pretty important it works lol. So I realized the mac was loading because serviio was sharing on my tv (an app on my mac) I swapped from my saphirre 590 nitro to the onboard and then swapped displayport for HDMI and the screen finally appeared. BAsically I added whatevergreen to extensions on the mac and rebuilt the extensions with hackintool. I never added whatever green to the efi, and now it works. yay! phew. I have a sapphire 5700xt coming in a few days, will I need to make a change? Perhaps the bootflag? Do I need or if I add the whatevergreen to efi will it cause a black screen? Is it ok to have in 2 places?
I prefer to keep boot required kexts like fakesmc.kext/VirtualSmc.kext and WEG in EFI, without them system won't boot. All others can be in either location EFI or L/E folders, just a matter of preference. Avoid to have them in both places, it may conflict.

Like others, I had a kernel panic on boot with Clover version 5097 and my upgraded to 10.15.1 (I upgraded clover the same time I upgraded to 10.15.1). Took a look at this thread, and added WhateverGreen from github (as linked in the tonymacx downloads) and I can boot into my hack.

FYI - I've had video kps in the past, and I was still able to connect to my hackintosh via screen sharing. Might be helpful for those trying to mount their EFI partition and add a kext.

Any time I make an update I do it in sub procedures Step by Step.
First I Update Clover, Restart an confirm all works fine.
Then I update Kexts, Restart and check all again.
Finally, I make the Update itself.
Its more time, but safer.

Any time I make an update I do it in sub procedures Step by Step.
First I Update Clover, Restart an confirm all works fine.
Then I update Kexts, Restart and check all again.
Finally, I make the Update itself.
Its more time, but safer.

Yep, this 100%. I also use the Terminal commands to update kexts in /Library/Extensions so I don't corrupt them or mess up the kext cache. I used to have a few duplicate kexts in my EFI partition but I killed them and now only have a single set in /Library/Extensions.

Somebody have this problem! After Update to 10.15.1
How can I fix it? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• F95FD165-CFD4-4ECC-8793-142896F573E5.jpeg
    F95FD165-CFD4-4ECC-8793-142896F573E5.jpeg
    403.8 KB · Views: 137
Updated WEG and Lilu was up to date. I've learned to be patient with the black screens and everything went fine.

Mac Update.jpg

Somebody have this problem! After Update to 10.15.1
How can I fix it? :rolleyes:

Hi there.

Perhaps try one of the simpler themes. I've seen a couple of cases of screen corruption using non-standard ones. If that is a standard one... double-check lilu/whatevergreen.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back