Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good here as well. Updated WEG to the latest version prior the update.
Took exactly 30 minutes with a couple of restarts.
Clover version 4934.

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 10.36.31 PM.png

@fvlasie which brand Radeon VII do you have? have you had any problems with freezing? do you have AppleGFXHDA.kext blocked?

Just to say. Same problem here: it boots fine until the screen is on but turns black.
I have the screen resolution under suspicion.. anyone know how I can change the screen resolution through clover shell?

Hi guys,
Same here. Black screen. Only works on Safe Mode. Updated Lilu, WEG and AppleALC. No solution. Clover 4862 because I had issues with the newer one. Any ideas, please?

Try using space bar once at clover screen. Go to Block Injected Kexts. Choose Other folder, click on Whatevergreenkext. Hit return and boot. If it works try boot argument agdpmod=pikera

This argument is for use with WEG.

OK, so I guess I am one of the unlucky few who have still not got the update to boot properly.
I am running a desktop PC with the following specs:
Asus Z97-A/USB3.1​
i7-4790​
AMD Sapphire Pulse RX-580 8GB​
32 GB RAM​
I had no issues running Catalina and had everything working including iMessage, Bluetooth, Graphics etc. Even ran the last update with no issues.
With this update, I followed all of the prior recommendations including:
Clover 5097.​
Update WEG to 1.3.4​
Lilu is at 1.3.8 and I tried 1.3.9 with same results.​
I tried Lilu and WEG in both Clover/Kexts/other and Lib/Extensions.​
AppleALC is 1.4.2​
FakeSMC is version 6.26-357-gceb835ea.1800.​
I have 3 kexts in Clover/kexts/other/ folder - AppleALC, FakeSMC and WEG.
In /Library/Extensions/ folder I have Lilu because I lose all sound options except HDMI if I move it to Clover.

When I install, it finishes the install, but on first boot after install (when the data option disappears in Clover) it seems to boot normally, I get the white Apple with the loading bar. But, when it gets just past halfway, I get the purple lines (which is normal for this machine) , then the screen blanks. Normally, the white Apple would reappear and the line would finish culminating in seeing the desktop. But now, when the screen goes blank, it seems to finish booting, but I cannot see anything. It does seem to be graphics related.
This Clover config works fine with Catalina version 10.15 Software version 19A602.
I tried booting with agdpmod=pikera to no avail.
Also modified Clover to inject ATI and Radeon Delnit, also to no avail.
Tried booting in safe mode, but still would not boot.
By the way, SIP is disabled.
Luckily I had a CCC bootable clone so I am running 10.15. But would like to update successfully.
Any ideas guys?
Many Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 6.28.34 PM2.png

Last edited:
Had the same issue with my install stuck at black screen. The WEG 1.4.4 was the fix and got it back up and running. Some apps with improper security signing will not open After upgrading said apps like Carbon Copy Cloner, it works now.

The update went fine, but before I hat to install the latest Whatevergreen version 1.2.4. After the update I had no issues, but then I also replaced Lilu, AppleALC and I installed the latest Clover v5098.

I noticed an issue, after the reboot the login screen appears and it is half grey. If I put in the credentials, everything comes back to normal. Does anybody know, why this happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back