Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated!
Had to fallback to HD630. Now i need WEG 1.3.4 without boot arg, otherwise black screen.
Can someone explain why i now need WEG? 10.15 and 10.14.x where running flawless without.

Thanks!

//EDIT: Using a MSI RX 570 ARMOR 8G OC
As @Jaymonkey states, it depends on the system configuration. In my case, it can start without Whatevergreen, but I would have the problem of purple streaks during the boot load bar.

In my case, it can start without Whatevergreen, but I would have the problem of purple streaks during the boot load bar.

@Rodolfo2909,

The purple streaks are due to a Memory Test that MacOS performs on AMD GPU's during the boot phase.
Due to the differences between PC's and Macs memory mapping, the test overflows from the VRAM to the Display Memory which is what causes the Purple lines.

WhatEverGreen disables the memory test thus avoiding the purple streaks ....

In most instances it is purely a cosmetic issue, however if you boot in verbose mode then as the screen updates it overwrites the purple lines causing the memory test to fail as the read back values miss-match ...

Cheers
Jay

Looks like 10.15.1 is an important update, lots of bug fixes including a nasty one that can corrupt Mail data, as such I'd recommend anyone running 10.15 to install the update as soon as possible.

Umm I don't use my OS to check email, and I suggest you do not either...

@Rodolfo2909,

The purple streaks are due to a Memory Test that MacOS performs on AMD GPU's during the boot phase.
Due to the differences between PC's and Macs memory mapping, the test overflows from the VRAM to the Display Memory which is what causes the Purple lines.

WhatEverGreen disables the memory test thus avoiding the purple streaks ....

In most instances it is purely a cosmetic issue, however if you boot in verbose mode then as the screen updates it overwrites the purple lines causing the memory test to fail as the read back values miss-match ...

Cheers
Jay
I should not worry about these lines because they only generate a cosmetic problem?

Updated to Lilu 1.3.9, WhateverGreen 1.3.4, and Clover 5098 before trying to update.
All worked as planned with no issues:

MacOS 10-15-1.jpg

Updated to Lilu 1.3.9, WhateverGreen 1.3.4, and Clover 5098 before trying to update.
All worked as planned with no issues:

How did you manage to update to clover 5098? I tried updating from 5070 to 5098 using clover configurator without any success.

Went all smooth. Updated as recommended WG to 1.3.4
Everything working.
Don't care much about Siri and all the iMessages updates as I don't have an iPhone and don't use that feature.

How did you manage to update to clover 5098? I tried updating from 5070 to 5098 using clover configurator without any success.

Apparently the repository location has changed. This is the old repository:

If you download the latest one from there, 5071, you get this message:

You are in the wrong place, go here

If you go to the new location, you can download the installer for 5098 (download the .pkg file) and install. Please backup your current installation in case something goes wrong.

To install first double click the installer package. You will get a notice that this is from and unidentified developer. Go to System Preferences-->Security and choose "Open Anyway" to start the installer. When I installed this version, I got a message from MacOS that this software was not compatible with this version of MacOS and gave me a choice to stop, or install it anyway. Of course I chose to install it anyway and all went fine.

This is the official new repository from Slice. It looks like he changed from pseudonym Slice2009 to SergeySlice, but this is the official new location for Clover downloads. It appears there was something in the code that was incompatible with changes at SourceForge, so a clean build and a new account at GitHub instead of SourceForge was required. Apparently Clover Configurator has not been updated to reflect this change. Source for this information is on page 7 of this thread in the post from Zenith432:

You can probably just stay on Clover 5070 for now if you like, but there are improvements in the new version.

Edit: For those who are reading this and are still on a 4xxx version of Clover, you may need to follow the procedure in my post here...

Last edited:
(Solved)I have successfully upgraded from High Sierra to Catalina!
everything works but not the usb 3.0, only 2.0 devices.
How can I do ? I have a Gigabyte GA-H270-HD3
Thanks

Sorry I hadn't updated
com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily 83FB0F0F 83FB3F0F
com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI 83F90F0F 83F93F0F

Last edited:
(Solved)I have successfully upgraded from High Sierra to Catalina!
everything works but not the usb 3.0, only 2.0 devices.
How can I do ? I have a Gigabyte GA-H270-HD3
Thanks

Sorry I hadn't updated
com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily 83FB0F0F 83FB3F0F
com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI 83F90F0F 83F93F0F
Did this work for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back