Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated my WEG to 1.3.4 first. With RX560 4GB, I performed update. First time didn't work because one of the reboots chose the wrong boot choice (my Clover was set to -fastboot), but I disabled fastboot and manually chose the one with "-Data" once, then it seems to finish on it's own and it works.

There is a "Prebooter" boot choice...does one ever need to chose that when updating or do we just ignore that?

Updated and all are fine. My box does not need whatevergreen.
So without WEG, you still have Intel iGPU acceleration? How does one remove WEG?

So without WEG, you still have Intel iGPU acceleration? How does one remove WEG?
Delete it from wherever you installed it to.

I am using AMD RX570 not the iGPU, it seems all are fine.
I use my RX560 also, but doesn't the Intel GPU affect acceleration and such things as HEVC and H.264?

I know people work hard to get their iGPU working even though their monitor is connected to their dGPU.

I use my RX560 also, but doesn't the Intel GPU affect acceleration and such things as HEVC and H.264?

I know people work hard to get their iGPU working even though their monitor is connected to their dGPU.
Yes, I need to enable iGPU in BIOS, or the image Preview will not work. I did not install WEG, and the H.264 and H.265 worked greatly.

Can someone explain why i now need WEG? 10.15 and 10.14.x where running flawless without.

@kartoffelsalat_reloaded,

See the WEG commit changes included in 1.3.4 :-

Everything in Green is new code that solves the 10.15.1 compatibility issues.

Cheers
Jay

I can confirm that WhateverGreen for me is not necessary and never has been, the update was as perfect and normal as a real Mac. I don't know why other people need WhateverGreen for everything to work.

@DexterOX,

It depends on the make/model of your AMD GPU and the port that you use to connect the monitor(S).

In some situations (like yours) the make/model/port match the defaults in the Apple AMD drivers/framebuffer so WEG is not needed.

In other situations the make/model/port does not match ... resulting in a black screen or glitchy graphics.
WhatEverGreen reads the AMD GPU VBIOS and creates/injects a suitable AMD framebuffer and patches MacOS if necessary to get things working.

Cheers
Jay

Updated without single problem. Before the update refreshed WEG, Lilu, ApleALC to the latest.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 19.53.27.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 19.53.27.png
    265.2 KB · Views: 80
Update without problem. FakeSMC, Lilu and Whatevergreen updated in the Clover/Kexts/Other folder

Captura de Pantalla 2019-10-30 a la(s) 11.11.54 a. m..png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back