Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything's running good on this old rig...

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 12.26.15 PM.png

So, it's not all AMD cards are affected good to know.

Even Nvidia cards have or had Nvidiavraphicsfixupkext. Lilu and WEG aren’t needed for AMD cards but they help to open up display options and audio. It’s like butter on toast.

For real Macs these aren’t needed but their BIOS is setup for them to run natively.

Update went fine.

View attachment 433405

• Prior to updating, I recommend that you guys update WhateverGreen to 1.3.4.
  • FileVault is broken for me when using Clover.
  • FileVault works when using OpenCore.
@pastrychef, how does your GPU get seen as a "Radeon Pro Vega"? I'm presuming it's actually an RX Vega 56?

@pastrychef, how does your GPU get seen as a "Radeon Pro Vega"? I'm presuming it's actually an RX Vega 56?

It can be edited to anything you like in config.plist > Devices > Properties. You can even make it say "RTX 2080 Ti" if you like. Lol

I have tried to update to 10.15.1 but I am having issue with black screen. Then just recently saw the post about the Whatevergreen kext that I never use for my Sapphire Radeon RX570. How do I go back and install, any idea? I don't want to install again because of this black screen. I thought my RX570 works out of box.

Hello, after a long time away from the community I return, I can confirm that WhateverGreen for me is not necessary and never has been, the update was as perfect and normal as a real Mac. I don't know why other people need WhateverGreen for everything to work.

Captura de Pantalla 2019-10-29 a la(s) 23.05.00.png

Maybe patch needs new data values.
I solved the problem by booting into my backup hdd and mounting my Catalina drive and installing the new patch for graphic card on the drive
Thanks for your suggestions

After I got it working once, it stopped working. Totally my fault. Somehow I swapped out WhateverGreen 1.3.4 with version 1.3.3. I am embarrassed to say that I spent hours trying to fix. Anyway, all of the tips here worked great for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back