Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updated two of my systems to 10.15.1.

Update ran fine on both machines which where already running Clover r5079 and latest Lilu + Plugins.
I did however update WhatEverGreen to 1.3.4 on both machines prior to running the update as recommended in OP.

Desktop system i7 4790K / Sapphire Vega 64 LC (White Knight build in my sig)
MonkeyMac Pro.png

2017 15" HP Spectre X360 Laptop
MonkeyBook Pro X360.png

Both updates where uneventful and ran flawlessly.

Looks like 10.15.1 is an important update, lots of bug fixes including a nasty one that can corrupt Mail data, as such I'd recommend anyone running 10.15 to install the update as soon as possible.

Big thanks to @vit9696 and the acidanthera team for updating WhatEverGreen in time for this update :-

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
After each Catalina update, more and more applications stops working. This time: Chatty, Airserver and Radium :cry:

I installed WEG 1.3.4 before updating to 10.15.1 and everything went without a hiccup.
Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 7.23.50 PM.png

Tried to install before the WEG 1.3.4 update info was posted. The great hint here was that after installation and booting, I had the back screen-- but could log in using screen sharing from my laptop. That let me download WEG 1.3.4 and install that on my machine, and then one more reboot put me back in business. I still don't understand why this version is not on the WEG github yet, so thanks to timbalong who attached the file on Post #18.

So it seems system with AMD gpu need Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext ver. 1.3.4 for Catalina 10.15.1 to boot.

AMD gpu is not so natively supported by OSX after all.

Worked like a charm. I did have to select install disk on boot. Added Lilu, WhateverGreen (1.3.4) and AppleALC and updated Clover to 5098 before doing the update.

I was doing the update from 10.15.0

1572398301878.png

2 Hacks, 1 real Mac....all done...! Just a word to the wise, if you haven't already been told....might be good to go get WEG 1.3.4 (Use Hackintool, if you need....it can download and compile it for you).

OR, check post#1.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back