Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it seems system with AMD gpu need Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext ver. 1.3.4 for Catalina 10.15.1 to boot.

AMD gpu is not so natively supported by OSX after all.

I don't know about other people but I can boot with out Lilu or WhateverGreen on my Z370 and Z390 systems in Mojave and Catalina, including 10.15.1.

I have Vega 56 and Radeon VII in those systems.

Last edited:
So where should the kexts be installed? In /Library/Extensions or in the Clover kexts folder?
Thanks!
Len

those all work in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other folder. It keeps your macOS install vanilla.

This is not the case for me.
My RX 570 no longer needs WEG.
Booted with -disablegfxfirmware and Inject ATI with renames change GFX0 to IGPU and change PEGP to GFX0.
Do you think that method works for me? I have an RX 470 and a Pentium G3250. What difference does it use to use your method or the method with Watevergreen?

I don't know about other people but I can boot with out Lilu or WhateverGreen on my Z370 and Z390 systems in Mojave and Catalina, including 10.15.1.

I have Vega 56 and Radeon VII in those systems.
So, it's not all AMD cards are affected good to know.

Installed WEG 1.3.4 and did the update. Ran just like a real mac. I bet the Apple engineers/coders have hackintoshes because these updates keeps getting easier!

So, it's not all AMD cards are affected good to know.

On my systems, WhateverGreen helps enable all video out ports and enables HDMI/DisplayPort audio. But I can boot fine without it installed as long as my monitor is connected to the correct video out port.

People who are having problems with WhateverGreen have an outdated version installed. If they update, there's no problem or, at least some of them, can just remove WhateverGreen.

On my systems, WhateverGreen helps enable all video out ports and enables HDMI/DisplayPort audio. But I can boot fine without it installed as long as my monitor is connected to the correct video out port.

People who are having problems with WhateverGreen have an outdated version installed. If they update, there's no problem or, at least some of them, can just remove WhateverGreen.
My system was Lilu free until 10.15.1. I don't like adding more kexts or drivers to my system unless it's absolutely necessary.

For me doesnt works, i have core i5 9400F with not igpu

My system was Lilu free until 10.15.1. I don't like adding more kexts or drivers to my system unless it's absolutely necessary.

If you connect your monitor to the correct port, odds are you don't need WhateverGreen and Lilu (unless you need Lilu for one of its other plugins).

Technically, I can run with only FakeSMC but I would lose a lot of functionality, such as audio, ethernet, USB, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back