Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
All who have the Sapphire RX 580 and are getting the black boot screen, use WEG 1.3.4 and boot arg agdpmod=vit9696.
This saved my bacon. Sapphire RX580 8gb user here.black screened for a day.

did **** by going headfirst into updating to 10.15.1 from 10.15
countless restarts and fiddling.(unplugging gpu, swapping between igpu HDMI,eGPU HDMI & DP)

at some point, I selected "data" partition at boot and had the update applied(~30min), and then rebooted to the black screen.
realised I still had screen sharing(via anydesk). so I used that to proceed.

(Following steps should have been done PRIOR to triggering the update, so... silly me!):
1.Hackintool downloads didn't fetch me the latest versions, so I just helped myself with Lilu,WEG, and ALC from the kexts here at tonymac kext Downloads section.
2.Updated to Clover 5098.
3.Deleted old Lilu,WEG and ALC from EFI.
4.Used KextBeast to get them into L/E.
5.Used agdpmod=vit9696 on final reboot.have it permanent using clover configurator

wifi, bluetooth, audio, continuity, sleep/wake works.

Last edited:
Thanks that worked and fixed the problem and I saw your other post on this issue here-> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/filevault-2-preloader-takes-long-time.285306/#post-2021475

This is what UEFI looks like now:
ApfsDriverLoader.efi AppleUiSupport.efi OsxAptioFixDrv.efi
AppleGenericInput.efi FSInject.efi VirtualSmc.efi
(and replaced FakeSMC.kext with VirtualSmc.kext from https://github.com/acidanthera/VirtualSMC/releases)

Should I also replace OsxAptioFixDrv.efi with FxRuntimeServices.efi?

The description on the AptioFixPkg page ( https://github.com/acidanthera/AptioFixPkg ) makes it sound like this has replaced AptioMemoryFix.efi and the way I look at it AptioMemoryFix.efi is the newest version of OsxAptioFixDrv.efi - but my board is older and this works, so if it ain't broke do I need to fix it?

Not if you are still on Clover. AptioMemoryFix.efi is replaced and split when you are using OpenCore and AppleSupportPkg.

Refer here -> https://github.com/acidanthera/AptioFixPkg

I currently use AptioMemoryFix.efi and it's pretty stable for my hack.

Any suggestions when it will be released? I'm not in a hurry, already updated successfully to 10.15.1. Just wanted to know when I'll be able to do a clean reinstall because of some minor issues.
If you install on another partition or hard drive you can simply run the installation app you downloaded to your app folder and choose that new partition/drive.
Use your existing EFI partition to boot.
Advantage is that you keep your old system partition in case something goes wrong or you need data from it.
Really no need to create an USB installation disk if you have a running system (unless you want to downgrade because Catalina will not let you install Mojave, etc.)

Update from 10.14.5 went smooth, no issue.
Lilu 1.3.9
AppleALC 1.4.3
WhateverGreen 1.3.4
all in /library/Extensions
Clover 5098 no kexts
arg agdpmod=pikera on first boot
:thumbup:

If older 32bit soft in use, don't update.

It's bit weird, mine is not getting updated even though I rebooted multiple times after the Software Updater asks to reboot when I clicked the "Update Now" button. I'm not sure, but I believe the content was not fully downloaded. Does anyone know how to clean the downloaded files? Any other advice? Thanks.

It's bit weird, mine is not getting updated even though I rebooted multiple times after the Software Updater asks to reboot when I clicked the "Update Now" button. I'm not sure, but I believe the content was not fully downloaded. Does anyone know how to clean the downloaded files? Any other advice? Thanks.

I am having the same problem. It reboots, but after about a minute I think if fails and just restarts and I'm still on 10.15.0. I've been looking through the install logs but can't pinpoint why it doesn't ever install 10.15.1.

I am having the same problem. It reboots, but after about a minute I think if fails and just restarts and I'm still on 10.15.0. I've been looking through the install logs but can't pinpoint why it doesn't ever install 10.15.1.

Hi kwingfoot,
Where should I look at for the installer logs? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back