Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very smooth update direct from Mojave to 10.15.1...
Updated to Whatevergreen 1.3.4, Lilo 1.3.9 and Clover 5097 before updating...

Painless upgrade from 10.15.0 to 10.15.1. Updated WEG, Lilu, and AppleALC in \Library\Extensions, added boot argument agdpmod=pikera via Clover, updated via Software Update. Gonna look into getting a 5700 now to replace my RX580...

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 4.32.40 PM.png

-WhateverGreen.kext (1.3.4) The only one I haved to Update.

Like others, I had a kernel panic on boot with Clover version 5097 and my upgrade to 10.15.1 (I upgraded clover the same time I upgraded to 10.15.1). Took a look at this thread, and added WhateverGreen from github (as linked in the tonymacx downloads) and I can boot into my hack.

FYI - I've had video kps in the past, and I was still able to connect to my hackintosh via screen sharing. Might be helpful for those trying to mount their EFI partition and add a kext.

Last edited:
Upgraded Clover to 5098 and whatevergreen 1.3.4, and it worked flawlessly. I have a Vega 64 and Z270-P.

What is different is logging in seems sluggish, slow to respond. I leave my machine running 24/7 and usually hit the Spacebar followed by my password and by the time my monitor turns on, I'm at the desktop. No longer the case. If I follow my routine, the password is incorrect because not all the characters were caught by the system. I have to hit Spacebar and wait about a second, then type password. I'm not sure why it's slow to respond vs. before the upgrade. Aside from that, all normal (so really, very tiny problem).

The RX 580 Pulse is really a big problem.

I can't figure why this card in particular the RX 580 Pulse works perfect with 10.15.0 but not with 10.15.1 even with WEG and all that. Screen just flash at the end of boot to a black screen. If you just allow it until the computer go to sleep. as soon as you wake it by touching Mouse or key board, the screen comes right back on as beautiful as ever. Has anybody figure out the fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to the maintainer(s) of WeG and, to those who warned (albeit unheeded by me) to update it before attempting the upgrade. Installation proceeded without interference. But, I returned to the black screen which, showed me exactly how badly I screwed the pooch by being complacent about kext updates.

Safe Mode to the rescue. Downloaded WeG 1.3.4 added it to /L/E - rebuilt the cache and rebooted into 10.15.1 normally.

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 1.25.54 PM.jpg

can't figure why this card in particular the rx 580 pulse works perfect with 10.15.0 but not with 10.15.1 even with weg and all that.screen just flash at the end of boot to a black screen.if you just allow it until the computer go to sleep as soon as you wake it by touching Mouse or key board the screen comes right back on as beautiful as ever.Does anybody figure out to fix this?

I use an RX580 Pulse on DP1. I had to switch back to the other DisplayPort, in the beginning, to get any love from the display.
Later, I switched it back just to see, and it worked. But, HDMI is completely dark on this system now. Running WeG 1.3.4.

I had black screen after upgrade with Sapphire RX580 Pulse and updated kexts in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Others.
Kexts in Clover's folder not working for me.

Now everything is fine. I just install kexts with Hackintool in L/E folder and rebuild cache.

Updated from 10.15.1 beta 2.
New Lilu, WEG and AppleALC.
Since I use a RX 5700 XT as a primary GPU, I had to keep agdpmod=pikera boot flag, to prevent black screen.
During the update process I had weird visuals during the 1st and 2nd reboots.
Anyway the update was successful, all seem to work normally.

2019-11-01 11.48.52.jpg

Schermata 2019-11-01 alle 12.46.05.png

I updated and flew into a full panic with the black screen. I use my mac for work so its pretty important it works lol. So I realized the mac was loading because serviio was sharing on my tv (an app on my mac) I swapped from my saphirre 590 nitro to the onboard and then swapped displayport for HDMI and the screen finally appeared. BAsically I added whatevergreen to extensions on the mac and rebuilt the extensions with hackintool. I never added whatever green to the efi, and now it works. yay! phew. I have a sapphire 5700xt coming in a few days, will I need to make a change? Perhaps the bootflag? Do I need or if I add the whatevergreen to efi will it cause a black screen? Is it ok to have in 2 places?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back