Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated from Clover 4xxx (honestly can’t remember) to 5098, used Hackintool to get the latest AppleALC, Lilu, and WEG kexts. Initiated the update through Software Update, had to manually select the install partition on the second reboot — 15, 20 minutes or so later, the system came back up with everything (apparently) working. I haven’t had time to play around too much, but I did, of course, check sound right away... and all appears to be well. Thanks, all!

How did you install using Hackintool? I am trying to update Lilu and WEG using this tool without any success, it keeps showing the following:
Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 14.04.11.png

Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 14.06.01.png

However, under /Library/Extension/ folder, WEG version is 1.3.4.
Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 14.05.02.png

Does it look the same for you?

So, I was happy to download and install this update without reading forum. Have black screen, no screen sharing, old kexts, no backup, and installation flash with 10.14... Damn...

After that I read the forum, downloaded all 3 kexts and copied them on my flash EFI, added agpdmod=pikera, and booted clover from flash and system from my HDD. Changed EFI in my system - now I'm on board...

Actually my card and processor as described in my signature, not as on screenshot.

Everything is working EXCEPT USB.
I didn't see external HDD Verbatim 1Tb USB 3.0 on any ports.
If I connecting USB 3.0 flash-drive, I can see them only on my front panel ports (2 x 2.0 and 2 x 3.0).
If I connecting USB 2.0 flash-drive, I can see them on any ports (2 x 2.0, 6 x 3.0, 2 x 3.1).
What can it be?

Attachments

• img-2019-10-31-14-33-52.png
    img-2019-10-31-14-33-52.png
    255.4 KB · Views: 79
  • img-2019-10-31-14-37-18.png
    img-2019-10-31-14-37-18.png
    199.1 KB · Views: 88
  • img-2019-10-31-14-38-43.png
    img-2019-10-31-14-38-43.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
Updated my Z390 system. The update itself went to smoothly until I ran into the black screen. Pulled drive and mounted EFI to a real mac via clover manager, updated Luli & WEG manually in clover/kext/other. Black screen still appeared until I was reminded that I had to remove my dGPU, and then reinstall it during the 10.15.0 upgrade. repeated this step and its up and running with no issues. No idea why this system requires a reseating of the dGPU when OS is updates but its an easy fix once figured out.

So, to clarify, I used Hackintool to download the latest kexts, I used Kextbeast to install them in /Library/Extensions.
Hackintool will download them to a folder on your Desktop, then use the button shown below in the "Tools" tab to install
Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 14.11.37.png

Just reporting in. With my MSI RX 570 8GB, I never needed WEG before. I needed it post update, much to the sadness of me having to pull the card to boot with intel graphics to install the kext.
MSI RX 570 8GB work for you?

Updated my Z390 system. The update itself went to smoothly until I ran into the black screen. Pulled drive and mounted EFI to a real mac via clover manager, updated Luli & WEG manually in clover/kext/other. Black screen still appeared until I was reminded that I had to remove my dGPU, and then reinstall it during the 10.15.0 upgrade. repeated this step and its up and running with no issues. No idea why this system requires a reseating of the dGPU when OS is updates but its an easy fix once figured out.
can you please tell me how to remove the dGPU? I have black screen on my RX580, need to use "agdpmod=pikera " to avoid it.

Y
How did you install using Hackintool? I am trying to update Lilu and WEG using this tool without any success, it keeps showing the following:
View attachment 433652
View attachment 433654
However, under /Library/Extension/ folder, WEG version is 1.3.4. View attachment 433653
Does it look the same for you?
You have to go to tools in Hackintool and select the little house icon at bottom to disable gatekeeper and mount disk in read/write mode first then install.

Y

You have to go to tools in Hackintool and select the little house icon at bottom to disable gatekeeper and mount disk in read/write mode first then install.
That's exactly what I have done, however, did not help. Also tried running `sudo mount -uw /' manually, but nothing. Running `kextstat`command confirms that lilu 1.3.8 AND WEG 1.3.3 are still used. :/

All good here. Updated kexts from links on page one here, left Clover as is (5093), ran combo update from link, one reboot into the Data disk, one more into Catalina, and here I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back