CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I can confirm that WhateverGreen for me is not necessary and never has been, the update was as perfect and normal as a real Mac. I don't know why other people need WhateverGreen for everything to work.

@DexterOX,

It depends on the make/model of your AMD GPU and the port that you use to connect the monitor(S).

In some situations (like yours) the make/model/port match the defaults in the Apple AMD drivers/framebuffer so WEG is not needed.

In other situations the make/model/port does not match ... resulting in a black screen or glitchy graphics.
WhatEverGreen reads the AMD GPU VBIOS and creates/injects a suitable AMD framebuffer and patches MacOS if necessary to get things working.

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
Inspur h81-m1
CPU
i5 4590
Graphics
RX 470
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Update without problem. FakeSMC, Lilu and Whatevergreen updated in the Clover/Kexts/Other folder

Captura de Pantalla 2019-10-30 a la(s) 11.11.54 a. m..png

Motherboard
Inspur h81-m1
CPU
i5 4590
Graphics
RX 470
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Updated!
Had to fallback to HD630. Now i need WEG 1.3.4 without boot arg, otherwise black screen.
Can someone explain why i now need WEG? 10.15 and 10.14.x where running flawless without.

Thanks!

//EDIT: Using a MSI RX 570 ARMOR 8G OC
As @Jaymonkey states, it depends on the system configuration. In my case, it can start without Whatevergreen, but I would have the problem of purple streaks during the boot load bar.

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
In my case, it can start without Whatevergreen, but I would have the problem of purple streaks during the boot load bar.

@Rodolfo2909,

The purple streaks are due to a Memory Test that MacOS performs on AMD GPU's during the boot phase.
Due to the differences between PC's and Macs memory mapping, the test overflows from the VRAM to the Display Memory which is what causes the Purple lines.

WhatEverGreen disables the memory test thus avoiding the purple streaks ....

In most instances it is purely a cosmetic issue, however if you boot in verbose mode then as the screen updates it overwrites the purple lines causing the memory test to fail as the read back values miss-match ...

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, iMac, LC, Performa, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Looks like 10.15.1 is an important update, lots of bug fixes including a nasty one that can corrupt Mail data, as such I'd recommend anyone running 10.15 to install the update as soon as possible.
Umm I don't use my OS to check email, and I suggest you do not either...

Motherboard
Inspur h81-m1
CPU
i5 4590
Graphics
RX 470
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
@Rodolfo2909,

The purple streaks are due to a Memory Test that MacOS performs on AMD GPU's during the boot phase.
Due to the differences between PC's and Macs memory mapping, the test overflows from the VRAM to the Display Memory which is what causes the Purple lines.

WhatEverGreen disables the memory test thus avoiding the purple streaks ....

In most instances it is purely a cosmetic issue, however if you boot in verbose mode then as the screen updates it overwrites the purple lines causing the memory test to fail as the read back values miss-match ...

Cheers
Jay
I should not worry about these lines because they only generate a cosmetic problem?

Motherboard
Z390 M
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
RX 580
Updated to Lilu 1.3.9, WhateverGreen 1.3.4, and Clover 5098 before trying to update.
All worked as planned with no issues:
How did you manage to update to clover 5098? I tried updating from 5070 to 5098 using clover configurator without any success.

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630 + Vega 56
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Went all smooth. Updated as recommended WG to 1.3.4
Everything working.
Don't care much about Siri and all the iMessages updates as I don't have an iPhone and don't use that feature.