Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [macOS 10.15.0] Thinkpad X1 Extreme Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I just got a Thinkpad X1 Extreme 2019. I tried to install Hachintosh a couple times but always failed when the OS was installed by first reboot.

Hi guys, I just got a Thinkpad X1 Extreme 2019. I tried to install Hachintosh a couple times but always failed when the OS was installed by first reboot.
This is not the same machine and does not apply to X1E Gen2.

That means Hachintosh can not be installed on the machine by now?

That means Hachintosh can not be installed on the machine by now?
That means this post may not apply to your machine. This is for X1E Gen 1.

Hy,
1- press space bar or arrow key when clover start countdown to stop it.
2- plug in Thunderbolt 3 cable
3- connect eGPU to monitor
4- swich on eGPU
5- wait few second
6- pres enter to start boot

View attachment 423096

Link video:

Hi, I got my hands on a Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 570 ITX and a Razer Core, which should work just fine. The graphics card has been tested in Windows and is functional, along with the eGPU enclosure.

When I boot into macOS, if:
(1) I use your method and follow the above steps, first load clover then plug in and turn on the eGPU, macOS will boot but does not detect the eGPU, and says "Thunderbolt: No drivers loaded."
(2) I leave it plugged in before Clover loads and boot macOS that way, macOS does not boot and quickly throw a panic after half a second the apple logo appears.

I wonder if you used any DSDT patch, SSDT, or KEXT to make your thunderbolt work?

Also, did you experienced the System Preferences under the "Thunderbolt" it says "Thunderbolt: No drivers loaded."?

And finally, maybe the problem lies in X1E has a built-in (But disabled with SSDT...maybe there is a conflict with the disable NVIDIA SSDT?) dGPU but your Dell XPS 13 only has the internal iGPU. Anyways, please give me a bit more detail on how you made it work, thanks a lot! There really isn't much information online regarding on how to make laptop TB3 working...

Hi , dear @Errrneist.
From your github repository , it seems that you have your touchscreen working again?
Does multi-touch works or only single touch?
It seems that in older version of catalina , don't have native touchscreen support.
So if single touch works again , it might be possible that newer version of catalina have native touchscreen support as mojave does :)

Moreover , we've found that voodooi2c doesn't work on some laptop with usb touchscreen , like x1 extreme , P52 , and yoga 260 , for voodooi2c only have experimental support for usb device.

Hi , dear @Errrneist.
From your github repository , it seems that you have your touchscreen working again?
Does multi-touch works or only single touch?
It seems that in older version of catalina , don't have native touchscreen support.
So if single touch works again , it might be possible that newer version of catalina have native touchscreen support as mojave does :)

Moreover , we've found that voodooi2c doesn't work on some laptop with usb touchscreen , like x1 extreme , P52 , and yoga 260 , for voodooi2c only have experimental support for usb device.

Yes, you can use the touch screen like a HUGE 15 inch trackpad.

We used a modified VoodooPS2Controller from Acidanthera, and that is what enables the multigesture support. Nothing to do with Catalina itself. I think if you use that kext on an older version of Catalina it should work, although I am currently on beta 8.

Voodooi2C does not work out of the box, and since we got VoodooPS2Controller working, Voodooi2C is deprecated. You can read more in readme.MD.

Hope this answers your questions.

Hi!
In Thunderbolt section no drivers loaded is normal!
we don't have a real macbook pro....
Please follow my procedure and check the graphic section in about this mac and let me know if you see the rx 570....
Only Intel UHD 630 is displayed on the about this mac-graphics section.

The HDMI is hard wired to NVIDIA graphics card. Therefore, since 1)macOS does not support NVIDIA 2)macOS does not support Optimus so there is absolutely no way to achieve HDMI output using the integrated HDMI port.

you could install high sierra + nvidia web drivers and get the nvidia card working that way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back