Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [macOS 10.15.0] Thinkpad X1 Extreme Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply. this is very helpfu :thumbup: . i did check the internet and followed the guidelines, but i could not find enough documentation for solving my problems. so i decided to keep going without a DSDT File. It solved the boot time problem, without negatively effecting the system.

Last edited:
Hello there,
My Laptop has sightly different CPU (8750H comparing with original post 8850H) and some folks here has the same laptop. Got Mojave on it, working on Battery % and Brightness Hotkeys (F5-F6) by patching DSDT and run into a problem "Line 390, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAME". I attached my original DSDT and the following message 6126 error code when I applied the X230i battery patch. Could someone pls let me know how to fix it?

@jgenest: Can you post your EFI pls, look like you got the brightness control fix? :confused:

Attachments

• origin.zip
    98 KB · Views: 121
  • DSDT.aml
    216.8 KB · Views: 108
  • DSDT error.png
    DSDT error.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Hello there,
My Laptop has sightly different CPU (8750H comparing with original post 8850H) and some folks here has the same laptop. Got Mojave on it, working on Battery % and Brightness Hotkeys (F5-F6) by patching DSDT and run into a problem "Line 390, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAME". I attached my original DSDT and the following message 6126 error code when I applied the X230i battery patch. Could someone pls let me know how to fix it?

@jgenest: Can you post your EFI pls, look like you got the brightness control fix? :confused:
I don't know what should've been there, but you can remove lines 389, 391 (Containing just One). No idea if it's 100% safe, or there's a better solution, but...
Better to first try re-extracting your ACPI files, especially if there was a BIOS update/change/hardware change.
If you have an available BIOS update - perform it, then re-extract.

ben9923: Thank you sir. Took your advice and Deleted Line 389 and 391. Then it came out 31 more errors (similar as post #130 from reiketsukan), simply just delete those lines then its all good. Patched Battery % level and got the Brightness F5/F6 working by patching _Q14/Q15 on DSDT, the Laptop is all good now. My BIOS is up to date, latest version @1.23, :thumbup:. The patched folder is also attached, if anyone has 8750H and BIOS 1.23, use it at your own risk, :angel:

Attachments

• IMG_9256.jpg
    IMG_9256.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 242
  • patched.zip
    64.7 KB · Views: 117
  • Brightness&Battery.png
    Brightness&Battery.png
    943.3 KB · Views: 244
ben9923: Thank you sir. Took your advice and Deleted Line 389 and 391. Then it came out 31 more errors (similar as post #130 from reiketsukan), simply just delete those lines then its all good. Patched Battery % level and got the Brightness F5/F6 working by patching _Q14/Q15 on DSDT, the Laptop is all good now. My BIOS is up to date, latest version @1.23, :thumbup:. The patched folder is also attached, if anyone has 8750H and BIOS 1.23, use it at your own risk, :angel:
I decompiled here your DSDT with your SSDTs (Using iasl -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml), got no error besides those 2 lines. No need to use the decompiled SSDTs, it's just to decompile the DSDT easily.
Make sure you're using updated iasl, as old versions can cause problems.

When using that command, make sure the only SSDTs in the directory are non-x SSDTs (SSDT-0 yes, SSDT-x0 no).

@Errrneist just want to make sure something about 4K touchscreen.
1. Is the touchscreen usb connected? (You can take a look at system report > usb , take a look at the USB Device to see whether there is "pen and multitouch sensor")
2. The multitouch of usb touchscreen has two options
  • touch-base driver
  • voodooi2c&voodooi2chid kext
Thanks.

@Errrneist just want to make sure something about 4K touchscreen.
1. Is the touchscreen usb connected? (You can take a look at system report > usb , take a look at the USB Device to see whether there is "pen and multitouch sensor")
2. The multitouch of usb touchscreen has two options
  • touch-base driver
  • voodooi2c&voodooi2chid kext
Thanks.
Touch screen was working in 10.14 but wasn't working in 10.15 beta. I suspect a new USB patch is needed but at the mean time I honestly don't use touch screen so at this time whatever...other things that I care works fine. The touch screen, even if it works, only support very basic gestures so wasn't a good experience anyways.

**EDIT**
But yes, I can see the pen and multitouch sensor in system info, with productID 0x5193 and vendorID 0x056a(WACOM CO, LTD)
I see the "Current Available" has the value 0mA and "Current Required" has value 100mA, maybe this is why the touch screen doesn't work fine? Just a guess. Nope this is not the reason other devices also have 0mA as current available even if they works.

Last edited:
Touch screen was working in 10.14 but wasn't working in 10.15 beta. I suspect a new USB patch is needed but at the mean time I honestly don't use touch screen so at this time whatever...other things that I care works fine. The touch screen, even if it works, only support very basic gestures so wasn't a good experience anyways.
Thanks for the quick reply.
This is my video , showing how usb touchscreen works on my thinkpad x1 yoga 3rd , you can even customize your multitouch gesture!!!

Also , do you have sleep-wake issue like
Wake reason : XDCI
Thank you

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply.
This is my video , showing how usb touchscreen works on my thinkpad x1 yoga 3rd , you can even customize your multitouch gesture!!!

Also , do you have sleep-wake issue like

Thank you

Where do you see the wake reason? I have no problem with sleeping except the weird battery drain issue (Not occurring in Mojave, suspect is something in 10.15 that can take a look into once the official Catalina comes out).

Also, Voodool2c looks somewhat promising(Will it possibly be a better candidate for touchpad driver?), I will take a look into it when I have time (I am a full time college student & researcher so pretty busy) but please keep trying :)

**Update**
I tried simply drag the voodool2c and the UPDD engine into /kexts/others and observed no sign of change. How did you do yours in the previous machine?

Last edited:
Where do you see the wake reason? I have no problem with sleeping except the weird battery drain issue (Not occurring in Mojave, suspect is something in 10.15 that can take a look into once the official Catalina comes out).
I type
1564023778884.png
in terminal.
Mmm... Okay , then I think it is my machines' weird problem...

Also, Voodool2c looks somewhat promising(Will it possibly be a better candidate for touchpad driver?), I will take a look into it when I have time (I am a full time college student & researcher so pretty busy) but please keep trying :)

**Update**
I tried simply drag the voodool2c and the UPDD engine into /kexts/others and observed no sign of change. How did you do yours in the previous machine?
I think you don't need updd engine.
You need voodooi2c.kext and voodooi2chid.kext , put two of them into /library/extensions or /clover/kext/other , then you can have touchscreen with full touchpad gesture!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back