Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [macOS 10.15.0] Thinkpad X1 Extreme Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
New firmware update allows 970 Evo Plus to work : ) I bought the wrong drive but luckily they recently released a firmware update and I was able to get it working following this tutorial. I'm typing from my X1 Extreme Hackintosh right now. I still have some issues to fix however but this has been a great help.

Issues so far:
1. My boot time is also 25 minutes.
2. My right click on my touchpad is not working.
3. Booting into Windows from Clover Bootloader works but I can't use my touchpad to move the mouse but left and right click works.
4. When I turn on my PC I see this(view attachment) on the top left corner along with the Red Lenovo Boot Screen

Edit: Just to confirm I also have 32gb of Ram via 2 16gb Sticks and the 4k with Touch Screen. Also noticed on github that it is mentioned to just load windows regularly.
Weird. My boot time is usually 1-2 min, at most. Trackpad issue is known for a long time, but since I usually use the top three buttons I am fine without a right click down below. You can try between ApplePS2SmartTouchpad and VoodooPS2Controller and see which one you like better or if one offers more improvement. The trackpad issue in windows is also known for a long time, but since we haven't made any progress, (Because make F12 boot right into macOS is so effortless and why bother working on this lol) just use F12 then. That weird text *might* be caused by the APFS driver, not totally sure, I have it on my machine too, and since it doesn't seem to do any harm, I'd say just live with it, as it is probably just there for two seconds.

Weird. My boot time is usually 1-2 min, at most. Trackpad issue is known for a long time, but since I usually use the top three buttons I am fine without a right click down below. You can try between ApplePS2SmartTouchpad and VoodooPS2Controller and see which one you like better or if one offers more improvement. The trackpad issue in windows is also known for a long time, but since we haven't made any progress, (Because make F12 boot right into macOS is so effortless and why bother working on this lol) just use F12 then. That weird text *might* be caused by the APFS driver, not totally sure, I have it on my machine too, and since it doesn't seem to do any harm, I'd say just live with it, as it is probably just there for two seconds.
Hey yeah, I saw what the issue was. I copied your EFI folder and I'm supposed to patch my own ACPI files DSDT/SSDT. I had this issue with installing but when I followed this guide:

For patching I used this guide:
Along with these YouTube Videos:

I was able to increase boot time into installer/macOS tremendously. I patched my own DSDT but I am a bit confused on fixing the brightness and applying the other SSDT files. But I will read through this thread again. I'm sure I saw someone post a similar issue. I still have not rebooted since patching my own DSDT file and applying the ThinkPad x230i patch.

Last edited:
Hey yeah, I saw what the issue was. I copied your EFI folder and I'm supposed to patch my own ACPI files DSDT/SSDT. I had this issue with installing but when I followed this guide:

For patching I used this guide:
Along with these YouTube Videos:

I was able to increase boot time into installer/macOS tremendously. I patched my own DSDT but I am a bit confused on fixing the brightness and applying the other SSDT files. But I will read through this thread again. I'm sure I saw someone post a similar issue. I still have not rebooted since patching my own DSDT file and applying the ThinkPad x230i patch.
I admit I was being lazy and just used zysuper’s DSDT, since my machine is identical to his and his works great on mine, so I don’t bother changing it. If you have any doubt, you can always ask zysuper how he did it in Github by filing an issue. I am sure he can give you some good help, if you need help. I think the issue might be we are 8850H machines, and a lot of you have 8750H. Just a guess.

I admit I was being lazy and just used zysuper’s DSDT, since my machine is identical to his and his works great on mine, so I don’t bother changing it. If you have any doubt, you can always ask zysuper how he did it in Github by filing an issue. I am sure he can give you some good help, if you need help. I think the issue might be we are 8850H machines, and a lot of you have 8750H. Just a guess.
I believe we have the same laptop as well aside from the bios version and HDD. I am using a 512gb Samsung 970 Evo Plus. But I have everything the same 32gb of Ram, 4K Touch Screen, 512gb PM981 with Windows, and i7-8850H. His DSDT sort of works for me like the brightness keys work, audio works fine, no glitches when booting. But for some reason the booting takes 25 min and hibernation/sleep didn't. So I patched my own and I boot in under 2 min and my hibernation/sleep works. Im having issues fixing brightness keys, graphics glitching when booting, and the audio stops working at times. IDK if I just copy the other patched ACPI into patched folder or if I'm supposed to modify them.

I have solved the intel graphics card. The hardware configuration is the same as yours.
I did something about it:
1. Upgrade the laptop firmware to 1.12
2.Use the 4k patch from FireWolf.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ve-kernel-panic-due-to-divide-by-zero.261687/
Hey zysuper first off I want to say Thank You for all the work you've done regarding the X1 Extreme Hackintosh and even finding a taobao seller that sells a perfect adapter + card for this model!

But do you mind helping me out with patching my DSDT file and applying the other patches? I am having issues with:
1. Audio working randomly
2. Brightness Keys (Brightness in settings work)
3. Graphics glitch a bit when booting into macOS from Clover
4. Pressing my mute button only displays it is muting the sound not unmuting though the light on the mute key does turn on/off as I press the mute key.

If you could write a short tutorial for what to do that would help greatly as I prefer to learn and it could help others.I've been reading and getting more confused. Some Questions:
1. What is the apfs patch used for? (Only macOS Serria?)
2. What about the ALCPlugFix, I'm not having any issues regarding with the headphone jack that I know of as I don't use it.
3. What about the patches like SSDT_DDGPU.aml .etc do I just throw them into the ACPI/Patched folder or is there some extra patching of some sort required?
4. Do I also just throw the kext into the kext/other folder or do I have to do something else with them like using a kext installer?

If anyone can contribute please assist and thanks in advance. This is my 2nd Hackintosh but I never actually correctly set up the first one.

Edit
zysuper responded quickly on github.

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
  • DSDT.dsl
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
  • EFI.zip
    21.7 MB · Views: 162
Last edited:

I was also lazy and had been using your/ Zysuper's DSDT... Unfortunately I updated the "BIOS" to 1.21 via windows without really thinking, and now I'm having problems. Can't get the OS to boot at all.. ANybody else try to update the lenovo uefi version?

Also, any advice for an English speaker to navigate taobao and purchase the adapter wiht the USB cable for enabling bluetooth?

I was also lazy and had been using your/ Zysuper's DSDT... Unfortunately I updated the "BIOS" to 1.21 via windows without really thinking, and now I'm having problems. Can't get the OS to boot at all.. ANybody else try to update the lenovo uefi version?

Also, any advice for an English speaker to navigate taobao and purchase the adapter wiht the USB cable for enabling bluetooth?
you will need to re-extract and patch your own dsdt if you have updated your BIOS

you will need to re-extract and patch your own dsdt if you have updated your BIOS
Yes, I was afraid of that. I've been trying to figure out how to do this in linux.. extracting is easy, but I had done patching with MacIasl, so I'm struggling with how to patch/compile in linux... any pointers?

Yes, I was afraid of that. I've been trying to figure out how to do this in linux.. extracting is easy, but I had done patching with MacIasl, so I'm struggling with how to patch/compile in linux... any pointers?
I never used linux for DSDT extraction

2 options:
1. Within Clover, select BIOS.aml instead of DSDT.aml
2. Use the Installation USB Clover to boot your install

This will allow you to boot into macOS so you can patch with MacIASL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back