Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [macOS 10.15.0] Thinkpad X1 Extreme Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have the device so I can’t use my own DSDT, but I’d still like to contribute
I'll re-rephrase:

you (anyone) shouldn't use another DSDT from a different laptop, it is known to cause more issues than it solves problems

I'll re-rephrase:

you (anyone) shouldn't use another DSDT from a different laptop, it is known to cause more issues than it solves problems
Im not using that DSDT. But ok let’s do it like this. Can someone with the X1E follow instructions to enable polling mode for I2C or apply this patch which does the same?

Code:
into method label _STA parent_label GPI0 replace_content
begin
    Return (0x0F)
end;

into_all method label _CRS parent_label TPD0 replace_content
begin
    ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFI)
end;

best place to start would be to ID the trackpad...go to Device Manager in Windows, right click on the trackpad and show info

Really haven't dug too much into it, but thought I'd try to hook up to two external monitors to see if they worked. One using the HDMI and one using the TB3 on the laptop. I plugged them in before I turned the laptop on because, at least for TB3, Hackintosh on laptops doesn't support hot plug so the devices has to be connected before the OS loads. Anyway, it didn't recognize either display. Tried to disconnect and reconnect while macOS was loaded. So, just curious: does anyone has external monitors working and what did you have to do?

Hi! When trying to boot the mojave 10.14.4 installer from usb drive it gets stuck with the following error:
ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND, During name lookup/catalog (20160930/psobject-310)
ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed (...)
ACPI: Executed 46 blocks of module-level executable AML code

I have built the usb drive according to https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ and then replaced the EFI folder with https://github.com/Errrneist/Hackintosh-Thinkpad-X1-Extreme release macOS 10.14.4-1.1.
I replaced the Replace ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi in Clover/drivers64UEFI with the one from this post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...can-block-device-not-supportedsuccess.270417/ and successfully got rid of the "BlockSize: 512LegacyApfsContainerScan: Block device not supportedSuccess" error message.

Can someone tell me what's wrong?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_20190429_222833.jpg
    IMG_20190429_222833.jpg
    723.2 KB · Views: 532
I seem to be really stuck here. This is my first attempt at setting up a Hackintosh, so it's likely I missed something quite obvious. Although I have been looking the last couple of days for users who report the same error. I would appreciate some hints (and if it's only "RTFM! It's all there!", if that should be the case)
As far as I can see, my hardware configuration is very similar to the one of Errrneist. Except that my chipset seems to be different with CM246.
Thank you!

So, Thunderbolt 3 is Working in this x1e setup?

Can i use my UAD Apollo X6 Sound Interface?

So, Thunderbolt 3 is Working in this x1e setup?

Can i use my UAD Apollo X6 Sound Interface?

I have an Apollo Twin MKII that works. The device has to be powered on either before macOS starts to load or before the laptop powers on. I haven't sat down to figure out which it is. Has to do with hot TB3 hot plug not working after the OS loads and the board. So if macOS is loaded and you turn on the device it won't recognize it.

I have an Apollo Twin MKII that works. The device has to be powered on either before macOS starts to load or before the laptop powers on. I haven't sat down to figure out which it is. Has to do with hot TB3 hot plug not working after the OS loads and the board. So if macOS is loaded and you turn on the device it won't recognize it.
So thunderbolt 3 works on hackintosh?

So thunderbolt 3 works on hackintosh?

Well, the Apollo Twin MKII is a TB1 device that uses an adapter to work on the TB3 port. I'd have to assume the TB3 Apollos would also work as well.

But again, in my case, the device isn't recognized if macOS is already loaded and you turn on the device. Hot plug isn't supported and supposedly requires a custom BIOS for that to work. I usually turn the device on before turning the laptop on and haven't had issues with it being recognized or working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back