Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [macOS 10.15.0] Thinkpad X1 Extreme Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it sounds like a somewhat common problem when doing a Hackintosh install. Both modules work fine in Windows and Linux. Once you get macOS installed though, you supposedly can reinstall the other module and all should be good.

At any rate, I just accomplished getting into the macOS desktop on my first Hackintosh. Actually where I am typing this from is Safari. This is with Mojave10.14.4. Poking around and seeing what isn't working properly and the such.

By the way, I was going to type up a super easy to follow X1E Hackintosh step-by-step guide for newcomers to Hackintosh w/ X1E... actually typed most of it out while doing this, primarily for my own records. 95% of the information and work was from your thread and repo, and RehabMan's guide. Will give credit where credit is due obviously. Just want to make sure you are ok with that.

Ok, stuck again trying to install the boot loader to the SSD. Right now, can only access macOS via booting to the USB and going through Clover. Selecting Mac OS X in the F12 menu just immediately returns you to the boot menu.

Not entirely sure I am understanding RehabMan's instructions and the way they are organized makes me wonder if I am missing something.

Post Installation

10. At this point, you are ready for "Post Installation", you first step should be to install the Clover bootloader to your HDD. Installing Clover to your HDD is very similar to installing to the USB installer. See post #1 for details.

Then going through the post #1 again you come across this...

Installing to the HDD/SSD after installation is very similar to installing to the USB, except that the install target will be your macOS/OS X system volume. Refer back to this section when you get to that stage.

Notes on HDD install:
- select "Install RC scripts on target volume" and/or "Install all RC scripts on all other boot volumes"
- selecting "Install Clover Preference Pane" is optional
- there are also some "Optional RC Scripts" you might want to read about
- if you're installing Clover legacy, check "Install Clover in the ESP"

Since I'm not using Clover legacy, uncheck "Install Clover in the ESP". This just installs Clover to the root directory of the partition the OS is on and not the EFI partition. Checking the "Install Clover in the ESP" instal it to the EFI partition, but it doesn't have an effect. Still doesn't load from F12 Boot Menu. I only have "Install RC scripts on target volume" selected.

So what isn't clear to me:
  • Am I just supposed to copy the contents of the USB /EFI/ with the exact same files over to the SSD /EFI/?
  • Should it be installing the boot loader to the OS partition (like it does without "Install Clover in the ESP" ticked) or to the SSD /EFI/ volume?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6 MB · Views: 192
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 9.31.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 9.31.50 PM.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 144
Ok, this got it working for me:

The RAM issue I was having was solved by doing the attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 6.44.35 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 6.44.35 pm.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 255
Ok, this got it working for me:

The RAM issue I was having was solved by doing the attached.

Glad to hear that.

Hi Errneist,
I'm a newbie with Hackintosh, so please understand if I ask any stupid question. I've finally succeeded with installing Mojave on my Thinkpad X1 extreme (after 2 days of struggle), and it seems to be taking quite a long time to boot up. From clover boot-up selection to fully boot up to Mojave, it takes ~10 minutes. I'd like to get some help with this by anybody. Secondly, I see a lot of kernel extension and update version on your Github like 14.1 and etc, but I have no idea how to apply those updates to my Hackintosh. Would anyone point me how to do so? Thanks to all of you for kind help.
Sincerely,
SyungHun

Hi Errneist,
I'm a newbie with Hackintosh, so please understand if I ask any stupid question. I've finally succeeded with installing Mojave on my Thinkpad X1 extreme (after 2 days of struggle), and it seems to be taking quite a long time to boot up. From clover boot-up selection to fully boot up to Mojave, it takes ~10 minutes. I'd like to get some help with this by anybody. Secondly, I see a lot of kernel extension and update version on your Github like 14.1 and etc, but I have no idea how to apply those updates to my Hackintosh. Would anyone point me how to do so? Thanks to all of you for kind help.
Sincerely,
SyungHun
Try first backup your bootable EFI & have a bootable usb drive (if the one you used in install still work, check it!), then update to whatever you want, preferably 10.14.4, since that is the one I am currently using. Then, replace your entire EFI folder with Release 10.14.4-V1.1 and see how it goes. You might need to do further debugging if it is not fully functional (which is normal) and the forums are a great place to go to target your specific issue. If it doesn’t boot, then use the backup usb to boot into macOS and see what you can do. Hope that helps.

hey guys, can you post what model trackpad the x1 extreme has? I want to see if we can get vooodooi2c working w/ native gestures for this laptop.

Hello I'm interested in getting the X1 Extreme, but am currently unable to. I am therefore interested in helping you all get VoodooI2C working. I downloaded the DSDT from Errrneist's Github and enabled polling mode. Could anyone with a working Hackintosh setup on an X1 Extreme please report to me if it's working? (Don't forget to install VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID and possibly delete VoodooPS2Mouse and VoodooPS2Touchpad from VoodooPS2Controller/Plugins). Also I'd appreciate it if someone could export an IOReg for me (using 2.1).

Edit: I noticed there's a TPL1 device in the DSDT too, meaning that the touchscreen is I2C as well which means it might support gestures as well!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    204.2 KB · Views: 197
Hello I'm interested in getting the X1 Extreme, but am currently unable to. I am therefore interested in helping you all get VoodooI2C working. I downloaded the DSDT from Errrneist's Github and enabled polling mode. Could anyone with a working Hackintosh setup on an X1 Extreme please report to me if it's working? (Don't forget to install VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID and possibly delete VoodooPS2Mouse and VoodooPS2Touchpad from VoodooPS2Controller/Plugins). Also I'd appreciate it if someone could export an IOReg for me (using 2.1).

Edit: I noticed there's a TPL1 device in the DSDT too, meaning that the touchscreen is I2C as well which means it might support gestures as well!
you should patch your own DSDT:

you should patch your own DSDT:
I don’t have the device so I can’t use my own DSDT, but I’d still like to contribute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back